Arizona Bass Zone

October 20th, 2019     12:16 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > General Forums > Other Topics

Old June 19th, 2016, 12:47 PM   #16
DickValentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ1800 View Post
This logic always cracks me up. If it gets to the point that the people go up against the government, which side of the line do you think the majority of tank drivers and rpg operators are going to be on?
Not to mention that superior firepower does not equate to superior strategic posture - see history lessons Vietnam, Afghanistan 1979, our current ME situation.
DickValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2016, 12:59 PM   #17
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickValentine View Post
They have been around for a long, long time. I know many people back in the day that had everything from UZI's to FAL's. This was in the mid-90's. Mass shootings started happening in the late 90s with Columbine. The question is, what happened? What is the catalyst that makes this happen? No one wants to think we've coddled our population, and have given them a "pill for every ill". Couple that with a fantasy life on social media, and we've got our current situation. A lot of people have these types of weapons, and statistically, there are relatively few crimes that occur with them.
nope the weapons ban in the 90's by bill clinton was due to a mass shooting at a ca school in 86? 20+ kids and a few adults were killed by a guy with an ak-47 .finestien started the deal.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 01:03 PM   #18
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosevelt Mark View Post
Your a ****in idiot,
it took you this long to figure that out.

I did laugh at the part about him saying our government would use RPG's. I am guessing he watches too many movies and forgets who our government is and what they have as far as weaponery.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
Old June 19th, 2016, 01:05 PM   #19
Delw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...lt_Weapons_Ban
Quote:
Efforts to create restrictions on "assault weapons" at the federal government level intensified in 1989 after 34 children and a teacher were shot and five children killed in Stockton, Calif. with a semi-automatic AK-47 rifle.[1][2][3] The July 1993 101 California Street shooting also contributed to passage of the ban. The shooter killed eight people and wounded six. Two of the three firearms he used were TEC-9 semi-automatic handguns with Hellfire triggers.[4] The ban tried to address public concerns about mass shootings by restricting firearms that met the criteria for what it defined as a "semiautomatic assault weapon," as well as magazines that met the criteria for what it defined as a "large capacity ammunition feeding device."[5]:1–2

In November 1993, the proposed legislation passed the U.S. Senate. The bill's author, Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and other advocates said that it was a weakened version of the original proposal.[6] In May 1994, former presidents Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and Ronald Reagan, wrote to the U.S. House of Representatives in support of banning "semi-automatic assault guns." They cited a 1993 CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll that found 77 percent of Americans supported a ban on the manufacture, sale, and possession of such weapons.[7]

Rep. Jack Brooks (D-TX), then chair of the House Judiciary Committee, tried unsuccessfully to remove the assault weapons ban section from the crime bill.[8] The National Rifle Association (NRA) opposed the ban. In November 1993, NRA spokesman Bill McIntyre said that assault weapons "are used in only 1 percent of all crimes".[9] The low usage statistic was supported in a 1999 Department of Justice brief.[5]

The legislation passed in September 1994 with the assault weapon ban section expiring in 2004 due to its sunset provision.

@#muskielivesmatter
Old June 19th, 2016, 01:13 PM   #20
DickValentine

Thanks for the info. I don't recall those. Nonetheless, seems like the weapons have always been around, but the level have crazy has gotten worse.
Old June 19th, 2016, 02:02 PM   #21
Delw

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I don't recall those. Nonetheless, seems like the weapons have always been around, but the level have crazy has gotten worse.
Yeah I had forgotten it too. The warden and I were talking about why I got out of the ffl shit back in the mid 90'sthe other night and I looked this up.

Thats not why I got out of it, kids machine shop doing good life and time is why I got out of it. I use to be very vocal in that anti gun bann but it just took alot of time. it was then after speaking with mcpain that I realized it wasnt worth my time cause they would do anything they wanted to begin with. including lie to peoples faces.
especially guys I respected back then Like mcpain. he flat out told us during a meeting/confrence what ever you call it with a smile that he would not vote for it. then 2-3 days later he voted for it.
**** that piece of shit.

back then we didnt have the internet and only found out things after the fact, now you find out while this stuff is happening and just before.

The level of crazys is absolutely nuts, this country has gone mad. were worried about hurting every ones feelings too much.

Delw

@#muskielivesmatter
Old June 19th, 2016, 02:03 PM   #22
Skunko!

Quote:
Did I hear that right? "I look at you, and decide if you get the firearm? If you get approved by the state, you may not get approved by me?" Didn't know it was his decision to hand out 2nd amendment rights. What are his criteria for "looking at someone"?
Thats pretty much why I posted it. Subtle.
Old June 19th, 2016, 02:38 PM   #23
spiderbrains

Rosymark
Please don't talk to me in that tone of voice.
Try to be more professional and mature.
Nuttin worse than a immature gun owner.
spiderbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 02:52 PM   #24
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbrains View Post
Rosymark
Nuttin worse than a immature gun owner.
Actually there is.
A convicted druggy/FELON talking about why LAW ABIDING PEOPLE shouldnt own certain types of weapons.

Delw

@#muskielivesmatter
Old June 19th, 2016, 03:24 PM   #25
DaPompous

Sweden, China and Japan all had mass murders by the knife. Pretty soon we will be down to butter knifes.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2016, 04:05 PM   #26
DickValentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPompous View Post
Sweden, China and Japan all had mass murders by the knife. Pretty soon we will be down to butter knifes.
I would sign off on gun control if Congress says we can solve disputes by dueling pistols. Glove slap...dueling pistols at dawn. Awesome.
Old June 19th, 2016, 04:30 PM   #27
spiderbrains

Delw
I'm just glad I don't sit around worrying about my guns laws.
I have a 357 pistol it sits in the closet ,I haven't shot it in over 3 years.
I hope I never have to load it to shoot anybody.
I've got alot of other things to worry about in my life .
That being said.lol your famous line.
Now on the other hand if the government ever puts a ban on diet Pepsi ,cookies and milk before bedtime.then I will be outraged and chit will hit the fan.

P\s. It's pretty obvious that me and you don't see eye to eye.
2- bulls in a china shop
Old June 19th, 2016, 05:00 PM   #28
Skunko!

Quote:
Delw
I'm just glad I don't sit around worrying about my guns laws.
I have a 357 pistol it sits in the closet ,I haven't shot it in over 3 years.
I hope I never have to load it to shoot anybody.
I've got alot of other things to worry about in my life .
That being said.lol your famous line.
Now on the other hand if the government ever puts a ban on diet Pepsi ,cookies and milk before bedtime.then I will be outraged and chit will hit the fan.

P\s. It's pretty obvious that me and you don't see eye to eye.
2- bulls in a china shop
So your .357 isnt the only thing in the closet?
Old June 19th, 2016, 05:40 PM   #29
spiderbrains

Skunko
I'm holding back ,from responding to your comments.
I have alot of friends on basszone.
And I don't wanna say anything that might upset them and ruin my basszone image.
Old June 19th, 2016, 06:03 PM   #30
Skunko!

Quote:
Skunko
I'm holding back ,from responding to your comments.
I have alot of friends on basszone.
And I don't wanna say anything that might upset them and ruin my basszone image.
So youre like 95% of the pussies on here. No big deal.
Ill meet you halfway for a J/O session in marana if you so choose.