Old November 5th, 2007, 07:29 PM   #46
gang cop

Im in and i would even take Franklin out for a day if we could use his boat :}
gang cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #47
RookieBoy

Franklin is a gangster, not a warrior, cuff'em Dano (Hawaii FIVO)!

Can we get the state to recognize the "dog tags" as a fishing license?? take these guys/gals out on the water with minimal expense to the folks we treasure the most? That goes for all who are serving, family included, and who have served in the past for this great country....JMHO

This means 2dogs fishes for free for the rest of his life and gets a "get out of jail free card" too! 2Dogs, did you ever tell these guys how you got out of that speeding ticket in Globe by flashing to AF ID card two years ago?

Guys, there's so much respect for our fighting forces... and rightly so.
Dog Tags would be an aweome program for our forces and their families to get to the water...just an idea

On taking a soldier to the water, I'm in as well. I'm missing my dad already in the backseat, because he's not up to speed yet with major back surgery and my son Joshuah is now back in the sandbox- Baghdad- trying to make things right over there.

God Bless our fighting men & women......
RookieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:34 PM   #48
Lone Ranger

I've been honored to fish with Fang1 twice this week and now I have a new fishing buddy!

John retired as a full colonel in the Air Force, having been a top-notch F-15 fighter pilot 26 of his 30 years in the Air Force. Because he was so good a pilot in that aircraft, he was given "Fang" as a call sign.

John, let's catch some more fish!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #49
RG Bob Coulter

Hey out there ! The last posting I've seen on this subject was in Nov. of 07. Here we are in Feb. of 08 with some great fishing coming up. Count me in !! I'm not opposed to giving up my e-mail address to get some personal feedback. I could go tomorrow if someone wanted to fish. I've brought this subject up in my Bass Club and have other willing persons. Lets get off the pot and do this !!
RG Bob Coulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 09:14 AM   #50
jswest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delw View Post
John, it has been discussed a while ago ie the posts above that bill brought up.

as far as G&F waving fee's ( I assume you mean licences) good luck, I would be really suprised if that happened. this would be a major change in some laws to exempt military from that fishing licence rule, not only that but you would have the problem with some people trying to get it for huntting big game tags etc. trust me it would snow ball big time and I believe azg&f knows it would. too many people would take advantage of it when they dont need to.

your best bet and really only bet would be to ask people to donate for the fishing licence, like stores that sell them, but then again your going to have people take advantage of that as well. When someone can get something for free trust me I dont care who they are , there will be some that will take advantage of it.

a one day fishing licence is $16.25 and is avail. to residents, non -res are $17.25.

after all that is said the only problem I can think of is you will need a guide licence, and insurance. reason being if you dont your breaking the law not only that but you have the possibility of being sued by the person you take out if something was to happen.

it can happen , Game and fish knows it and so does the agency that run the different lakes, thats why they requier guide licence and insurance.

Delw
If I remember correctly, Game and Fish have a free fishing day in June. This would be the time to organize this event.
jswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:49 AM   #51
Fantomdawg

Thumbs up

Count me in--I'm a Navy NAM Vet and wished they had something like this when I got out.
Fantomdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 06:18 PM   #52
marble man

I'd like to help out. Does anyone have any info on who to contact about any up comming events.

Thanks, Ruben
marble man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #53
EL HookSet

All it takes is for someone to pick up the ball and carry it. I've done this in England for the troops, (Airmen) and did not need a guide license to do it. Take a Soldier Fishing, there is at least two of us doing it in California. I like the idea and if you need some help in getting more questions answered hit me up.

Good Fishing.

EL
EL HookSet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 08:54 PM   #54
85nitro

I would be willing to take a soldier fishing. Just let me know when and where they want to go. I'll pay for gas, lunch, bait, license....anything they need.
Old May 6th, 2008, 08:59 AM   #55
splitshot

June 14th is the Arizona FREE fishing day!!
splitshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:29 PM   #56
TDBAZZ

Giving Back!

I think we would be better off if we shifted our thinking from getting help("freebies") from AGF and just took those expenses as part of our personal contribution.If you can afford the fuel, time off, park fees, etc... what's another $20.00 bucks? By doing this ourselves, we may set an example that others, including AGF, will acknowledge and follow.I think the web-site that Rich is working on will be a viable tool that will let many know of the efforts put forth by those who truly care!!!
TDBAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2008, 12:02 PM   #57
duckyaz

Talking Make It Happen!

I am a soldier in the Army. I know that bein over in Iraq, readin bass fishin magazines and not bein able to fish sucks. I love fishing, and there are a lot of guys in the military who love fishing and the outdoors in general. I am back in Missouri now due to a broken ankle. I would love to see something like this become an actual organization. I have no problem goin out fishin when I'm back in AZ. I have my dad to go with whenever I am home, but lot's of guys don't have people like that, but they still wanna go. And I know anyone can go bank fishing, but bank fishing sucks worse than gettin shot at and blown up. Get it started. I won't be in the Army forever, probably get out cause of the ankle, buy my house and boat, and be down for takin any soldier out. I am very appriciative of the people that care about us and want to do stuff like this for us. Goin out fishin for a day with someone you don't know might just mean somethin like a pro-am tourney or somethin like that for most, but for us soldiers, it is one of the greatest feelings havin people care about us and wanting to do stuff like this. Thanks to all who support the military. Thanks to all of the people that want to do this. And thanks to the people who do this already. Thanks
duckyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:30 PM   #58
BASSCATG

It's a long hall for me from Ca., however if you have any of these military events after june, i would love to try and bring my boat. As I am Air Force retired, and on the National Registry for Practice with a Pro. get details of how you can take a veteran fishing when you'r pre-fishing at www.veteranangler.com.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Greg Hanley, USAF Retired

SPONSORS:
ALL-STATE Utility Supply Inc.
U.S. Air Force
Alpha Painting & General Contracting
BASSCATG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 05:22 AM   #59
Silvas1

I am a Soldier and when I got back from Iraq I met a good deal of people willing to take me out to wet a hook and tried to pay for everything. I told them since they had the boat I was more than willing to pay my own way. Since then I have bought two boats a pontoon and just recently a BASS boat. I would love to do this for the younger troops and retired Vets. I will check with my club and see about organizing something for the troops at Ft Huachuca.
Silvas1 is offline   Reply With Quote