Fall Bass Fishing - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

October 20th, 2019     06:13 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Articles

Old October 1st, 2010, 01:48 PM   #1
Jerkbait

Fall Bass Fishing

The fall of the year is a great time to catch bass, and while many people are thinking about hunting, you're going to want be thinking about fishing.When other people are getting out their guns, I get out my rods. Fall is the time for fishing.In the fall bass go on an eating spree in anticipation of the potentially lean times of winter.I like to Concentrate on Creeks In the Fall in the upper part of the lake that have lay down logs,stump rows, chunk rock, sunken brush and boat docks.Fall will bring us rain and falling temps and the fresh rain water running into the creeks will almost always result in greater oxygen levels, a greater shad population within the creeks, which in turn results in bass following the shad into these areas.Find the shad find the fish
MY Lure selection for fall..
Going into Fall the rivers arms cool off first while the deep water close to the dam cools off last.So I start my fall fishing in October(depending upon where you live) up in the river arms and move to mid lake in November as the water temps cool. I am hoping to catch the feeding frenzy.I like to fish the Coves, Cuts,Points (both primary and secondary) Channel swings and flats Donít stop your search until you find the shad.I like my lure selection to resemble a shad for the most part in the fall.I will fish areas with a topwater early and then work them over with crankbaits or spinnerbaits. If the weather has the fishing slow grab your jig rod or shaky head and slow down. Once you pick up a fish or two, look for areas that are similar and work the pattern.I keep 5 rods on the deck of my boat for fall fishing..
1/ Topwater
2/ Spinnerbait
3/ Crankbait
4/ Tube bait (flipping & pitching)
5/ Shaky Head or Drop Shot
Good Fishing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Larry Richards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jerkbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2010, 02:00 PM   #2
NuDay

Rub it in. We are still experiencing 100+ days
Old October 1st, 2010, 02:56 PM   #3
bigfrog789

I think it as 107 yesterday. Nice cool day to end September. Let me know when fall gets here. Would love to actually experience fall. We usually only get summer and spring here. Summer from May through Oct, spring from Nov through May. It is nice wearing flip flops all year long though.
bigfrog789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2010, 03:03 PM   #4
BDEL

Thanks for the post, I was just thinking the other day that I have never spent any time fishing in the fall or really even the winter months for that matter.

Good post.
BDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 03:11 PM   #5
bigfrog789

My prior post was just to be funny. Appreciate the good info Jerkbait.
bigfrog789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:14 AM   #6
BASSRO

Even though its over 100, the waters are cooling nicely and the fall patterns are slowly starting. See some of the posts on fishing reports.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:42 AM   #7
Decoy

Great post. Thanks. It's interesting how he is in another part of the country and has a lot of good advice for AZ lakes. Both of my close lakes, Plez. and Alamo, are fishing really well and what he is saying is working.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:01 PM   #8
azrockman

No spoons?
azrockman is offline   Reply With Quote