Lake Pleasant Fishing Report - August 19 - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

October 20th, 2019     12:15 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Reports > The Hook-Up Outfitters Guide Reports

Old August 19th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #1
The Hook Up Tackle

Lake Pleasant Fishing Report - August 19

Hey guys. I thought I would update you with some info incase you are heading out this weekend.

We had a couple of bass trips out yesterday morning, and fishing was decent. First thing in the morning some fish were schooled up on bait in Humbug, and guys caught them on the new gunfish and skinny dippers. After the sun came up it got hot, and slowed way down but there were a few still to be found on plastics just pitching them to the bank.

We took two boats out for fun in the afternoon to chase stripers around, and got out just before the storm came up. We didn't want to run far with the storm coming, so we fished around the dam and first couple coves and the stripers were everywhere. 50-60 foot seems to be the magic depth right now, and there were fish all over. We caught them every drop for a while. As someone mentioned a couple days ago, there are all kinds of size classes right now, so if you're just catching the little 8-12 inch fish, move to another spot, and keep moving until you find the better fish. We caught a lot of 2-5 pound fish last night, and they are super fresh and hard fighting. Anchovies were the obvious, easy bait of choice.

Have fun this weekend and be safe!
The Hook Up Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #2
kpangler

Are the fish being caught on the bottom, near the surface, or somewhere in-between at 50-60 feet?
kpangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #3
bigolbas

thx hook up!
bigolbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #4
The Hook Up Tackle

The better fish have been on the bottom, or just up from the bottom. If you watch your graph you will see some pods travel through mid range, and they'll bit if you wind up into them, but the bottom fish are better ones. The little ones are everywhere, from right below your boat to the bottom.
The Hook Up Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #5
TomI

Any new reports? My nephew is in town for a few weeks and I am planning on taking him to Pleasant this coming Sunday. I haven't been fishing with him for over 12 years, since he was 8. He has a new job and travels and doesn't get to fish very much so I would like it to be a fun and successful trip. Any tips or hints? Thanks,
TomI is offline   Reply With Quote