NuTech jigs - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

November 12th, 2019     11:42 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Tackle Reviews

Old August 12th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #1
crazy cranker

NuTech jigs

Once in a great while a lure comes along that actually is designed to catch fish or do a better job of catching fish rather than just catching our wallets.

I just wanted to share my experiences this year with a new jig design. NuTech Lures owned by Bo James spent several years dedicated to improving two very important aspects of a jig. First, as we all know jigs have a tendency to get hung up alot especially in our rocky Arizona lakes. Second, the landing ratio of bass on jigs is often around only 60 -70% because of how they have a tendency to turn sideways in the bass' mouth resulting in a lip hook. Bo's new jigs are designed with turning cams on both sides of the head and two appendages that work in three ways: as weed guards, help turn the jig upright in conjunction with the cams and they act like a spring clamp once the bass is hooked.

After receiving my first shipment I conducted a simple experiment to just see if the jigs would self right themselves as Bo claimed. I threw a jig on the floor ten times and nine out of ten times it did in fact upright it self. I pulled the jig over rocks and other obstacles. Each time it again righted itself. This was impressive but the real test would be on the water. After fishing these jigs for four months I can say that getting hung up rarely happened and when it did they could be freed nearly every time. In fact my loss ratio was almost non existent.

Probably the most impressive thing that I found with these jigs is that 95%+ times the bass was hooked through the roof of the mouth with the appendages putting pressure on the jig preventing the fish from being able to use the weight of the jig to its advantage when it tries to shake the jig. The jigs currently come in 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 oz.

The bottom line is that I found these jigs to be an incredible improvement over every other style jig that I have ever used. I can't wait to try his new spinnerbait.

Here is a link to a video where Bo explains the physics of the NuTech jig.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSCLRsRFY1agJusu51PsEIA

Lastly, it is a little know fact that Bo holds many of the all time bass records on Table Rock lake. Needless to say, Bo knows bass! Try these jigs - you'll be amazed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crazy cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Trotline

I like the hook set testing device. I always think weed guards are fish guards.
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #3
JustinTime

They do what they say they do and do a great job at it but the hooks are not strong enough. The ONLY jig that has NEVER bent on me is the dirty jig with the no jack hook! I know a lot is the equipment I use but I am not willing to throw light wippy rods.
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #4
Sarcazmo

My favorite jig by far... Secrets out
Sarcazmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #5
crazy cranker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
They do what they say they do and do a great job at it but the hooks are not strong enough. The ONLY jig that has NEVER bent on me is the dirty jig with the no jack hook! I know a lot is the equipment I use but I am not willing to throw light wippy rods.
Justin,
The hooks that you are referring to have been replaced by Bo. Additionally he is having a triple grind put on them. Just got some today. They are needle sharp with a good cutting edge and super strong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 15th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #6
crazy cranker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcazmo View Post
My favorite jig by far... Secrets out
Saw that the Hook Up is now carrying them and the spinnerbaits.

Old March 30th, 2014, 01:04 PM   #7
crazy cranker

UPDATE:

I kept track of how well they work in Canyon and Saguaro. Over 64 hours of fishing have only lost ONE jig! That's a huge improvement over standard jigs that I was buying in bulk because of the hang-up losses. The hook-up ratio improved considerably over bristle brush type weed guard jigs. NuTech jigs are the bomb!