Arizona Bass Zone

November 12th, 2019     09:11 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fishing Chat

Old June 6th, 2016, 11:18 AM   #1
Fishman420

Black River???

Hey guys,
I was planning on taking my son up to the Black River this coming weekend. Problem is I have never been. He just turned 16 and we have talked about going fishing up there since we went scouting deer up in that area last fall. He has been bugging me about it for months and now the time has come. I have been slack about my research so now I am in serious need of info. Not so much worried about what to throw (although that info would be a help ), but looking for more camping/travelling info. We are planning on leaving this Friday afternoon and heading home on Sunday. We will be heading out from Peoria.

I have a few questions:
What Passes Do I need? and where can I buy them?

What is the best way to get there?
We were planning on trying Black River Crossing or Tic Flats.

Can we carry up there?
Don't want to chance it with my son with me and the bears.

Where is the best place to camp or would it e better for a day trip?
We were planning on spending the weekend up there.

Any tips?
You don't have to post anything you don't want. Feel free to PM me. We have never been there and I would love to put my boy on some fish. So any tips would be appreciated.
Fishman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2016, 12:07 PM   #2
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman420 View Post
Hey guys,
I was planning on taking my son up to the Black River this coming weekend. Problem is I have never been. He just turned 16 and we have talked about going fishing up there since we went scouting deer up in that area last fall. He has been bugging me about it for months and now the time has come. I have been slack about my research so now I am in serious need of info. Not so much worried about what to throw (although that info would be a help ), but looking for more camping/travelling info. We are planning on leaving this Friday afternoon and heading home on Sunday. We will be heading out from Peoria.

I have a few questions:
What Passes Do I need? and where can I buy them?

What is the best way to get there?
We were planning on trying Black River Crossing or Tic Flats.

Can we carry up there?
Don't want to chance it with my son with me and the bears.

Where is the best place to camp or would it e better for a day trip?
We were planning on spending the weekend up there.

Any tips?
You don't have to post anything you don't want. Feel free to PM me. We have never been there and I would love to put my boy on some fish. So any tips would be appreciated.
its a blast
Dont carry a firearm in your vehicle or you can get into deep shit.( take that what its worth.
bears wont bother you , just yell at them. only pussies and susans are afraid of bears
Campings ok day trip is too long cause of the drive back after the hiking.
globe should have permits, also the store at san carlos has permits,

gilamobster will give you some tips.
I am thinking about taking the kids up there this year but in july or august. mainly to see bears and hike the river.

north of the places you said is were you want to be.
white 3-4 grubs work best on a split shot rig.
if you goto the places you named it will be a traffic jam. with whiteys. get a map and park north then hike down the canyon hike takes 20-30 mins.

Keep your eye out for snakes, they are everywhere and they dont rattle all the time.
keep your stuff locked up in your car/truck (everything)

have fun get pics

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 01:59 PM   #3
champ204suks

Pick up a small game permit with your fishing license and you can cary your gun and be leagal.
champ204suks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2016, 03:05 PM   #4
Franklin J

Sent you a pm dude. But where I'm sending you I doubt you see anyone........I hate community spots like tic flat etc

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Franklin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 05:03 PM   #5
pauly

Like Franklin said, get away from the popular spots. Tic flats is alright if you are willing to hike a couple hours to get to some good water, wich is cool because I dig that kinda shit.
pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 06:21 PM   #6
Fishman420

Thanks for the replies. I hope Gilamobster will chime in. When San Carlos was in decent shape a few years back, he put me on a helluva Bass bite.

Thanks Delw for the info. We are looking forward to it. I didn't figure the bears would be any problems. But I gotta ask. While reluctant to leave my road companion at home, I think I will keep the gun at home. Thanks for the tips on the bite. We probably don't plan to hike too far until we get our bearings better. I have never been there, so this first time, we are going to take it easy, be lazy and just fish a bit close to the truck.

Franklin got your PM and will check it out.
Old June 6th, 2016, 07:00 PM   #7
Longrodder

I usually go several times a year but I haven't made it up yet this season. The crossing and Tic flats are ok, but like everyone else mentioned, too crowded for me. Upstream a ways is better but all require a hike into the canyon of some sort, some worse than others. The pumping station is another good place to go in, not a secret by any means but one of the easier places to go in at. The water is really low this year so I wouldn't go in any higher upstream than that.
Have fun

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Longrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2016, 08:13 PM   #8
Nitro

The only place on the black to go is ten of diamonds. But sorry 420 there are no docks on the black to get stood up on... Ha-ha have fun I grew up fishing the black..
Old June 8th, 2016, 02:05 PM   #9
Fishman420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
The only place on the black to go is ten of diamonds. But sorry 420 there are no docks on the black to get stood up on... Ha-ha have fun I grew up fishing the black..
Funny guy Jaime. Funny. I will check out Ten of Diamonds as well. Easy hike though there or what?
Old June 8th, 2016, 02:32 PM   #10
Fishman420

Anyone know how to get to Tic Flats or Ten of Diamonds from Peoria. I can't figure it out. All the maps give me different directions and google earth isn't cooperating.
Old June 8th, 2016, 05:23 PM   #11
The Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Now that's F-ed up. Dax and I are still good friends sucka.
The Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 05:30 PM   #12
Franklin J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman420 View Post
Anyone know how to get to Tic Flats or Ten of Diamonds from Peoria. I can't figure it out. All the maps give me different directions and google earth isn't cooperating.
Dude get a map, wide world of maps has a good one. I could give you directions, but you'd get lost for sure....turn at this tree, go down second road etc

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Franklin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 05:40 PM   #13
The Rig

What up Franklin
The Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 09:52 PM   #14
Fishman420

Just got back from Sportsman's. they didn't have any maps of that area. I am going to have to just figure it out. I am looking on google earth now.
Old June 8th, 2016, 10:03 PM   #15
champ204suks

Google earth it, look at some maps, check out the pools and areas and figure it out on your own. That's most of the fun, finding areas that kick ass that not many ever get to see. I've been there alot throughout the years and can be a trip of a life time.
champ204suks is offline   Reply With Quote