Roostertales Willow Springs Results - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

August 18th, 2019     07:44 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Arizona Affiliated Fishing Clubs > Roostertales Bass Club ( FLW/TBF )

Old July 18th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #1
brooks93

Roostertales Willow Springs Results

The Roostertales Bass Club held its annual July Tourney on Willow Springs Lake- Saturday July 13. It was a beautiful day following a rainy Friday. Sunburns all around. Water temperature was in the 72 degree range and fish seemed to be completely off the spawn. Sixteen teams fished with 12 teams showing 5 fish limits. Sacks were dominated by smallmouth, but some largemouth were caught. The winning weight by Nelson and Carrol was 6.63#. Big fish were 3.93 # (SMB), 3.79 # (SMB), and 3.40 # (LMB) and were caught on dropshot, rattletrap, and dropshot respectively. Many fish were also caught with various jerk baits. Our next tourney is a night event at Roosevelt on August 24. We will be meeting at BassPro, 7 pm on August 19 before the event. Come and visit with us at the meeting, and join our club if you have interest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Willow springs 2013.jpg
Views:	875
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	34690  
brooks93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 18th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #2
RedRanger

We were kicking around the idea of adding Willow Springs to our schedule for next year, a break out of the heat. Given the small sacks you guys had, do you think your club will want to do it again?

Gary Grimes
Midweek Bass Anglers
RedRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 05:58 AM   #3
Trotline

72 degrees can give me a small sack.

Old July 19th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #4
StickBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks93 View Post
The Roostertales Bass Club held its annual July Tourney on Willow Springs Lake- Saturday July 13. It was a beautiful day following a rainy Friday. Sunburns all around. Water temperature was in the 72 degree range and fish seemed to be completely off the spawn. Sixteen teams fished with 12 teams showing 5 fish limits. Sacks were dominated by smallmouth, but some largemouth were caught. The winning weight by Nelson and Carrol was 6.63#. Big fish were 3.93 # (SMB), 3.79 # (SMB), and 3.40 # (LMB) and were caught on dropshot, rattletrap, and dropshot respectively. Many fish were also caught with various jerk baits. Our next tourney is a night event at Roosevelt on August 24. We will be meeting at BassPro, 7 pm on August 19 before the event. Come and visit with us at the meeting, and join our club if you have interest.
5 fish for 1.8lbs?
StickBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #5
theo9805

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickBass View Post
5 fish for 1.8lbs?
average under 6 oz per... some monsters! although i gotta admit I have caught a bunch of those little dudes there on the SW side of the major point.
theo9805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #6
azhawaiian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickBass View Post
5 fish for 1.8lbs?
LOL - We had 5 fish for 2lbs. You should have seen those lunkers. They were so small that they were swimming through the holes in the divider of our live well. First time I've ever fished for bass out of Willow Springs. Hopefully will be my last.
azhawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #7
Mean519

We had 4.50 lbs and worked our tails off. However, if you hit it right, I know you can pull 5 for 10-12 lbs. or better. Beautiful lake and weather was nice, but our club has run into some nasty lightning/rain/hail storms in the recent past (2 years ago). I think 8.5 won it last year in July. Guys did catch three 3+ smallies out there this time, which is nice. We are somewhat spoiled with Sag and Canyon so close, but if I lived in Payson/Star Valley/Forest Lakes/Heber, I'd learn Willow Springs and spend a lot of time there.
Old July 20th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #8
Just J

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhawaiian View Post
LOL - We had 5 fish for 2lbs. You should have seen those lunkers. They were so small that they were swimming through the holes in the divider of our live well. First time I've ever fished for bass out of Willow Springs. Hopefully will be my last.

Im with you man, wont see me back there. Seems like there are 2 places that hold fish, so if you like casting over each others lines thats the place to go!
Just J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 08:58 AM   #9
QUANTUM

PLENTY OF GOOD QUALITY FISH AT WILLOW AND THEY HOLD IN A LOT MORE THAN 2 PLACES AS WELL. TIME ON THE WATER, OR IN THIS CASE, THE LACK THERE OF, TELLS THE TALE. CANT EXPECT BIG SACKS ROLLING UP TO A LAKE YOU HAVE NO TIME INVESTED IN.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"SLOW ROLLIN"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
QUANTUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #10
StickBass

Quote:
crazy thing is they had like a 20lb limit out of there 3 years ago. ive been there once in march a couple years ago and they were cruising the shallows, saw a whole school of GIANTS i couldnt even believe it. but i didnt catch a damn thing that day and i havent been back
StickBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #11
azhawaiian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUANTUM View Post
PLENTY OF GOOD QUALITY FISH AT WILLOW AND THEY HOLD IN A LOT MORE THAN 2 PLACES AS WELL. TIME ON THE WATER, OR IN THIS CASE, THE LACK THERE OF, TELLS THE TALE. CANT EXPECT BIG SACKS ROLLING UP TO A LAKE YOU HAVE NO TIME INVESTED IN.
+1 - I've got other lakes still to learn before I try and figure that one out.
azhawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #12
Mean519

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUANTUM View Post
Agreed.
Old July 20th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #13
poacher

Quote:
Did you guys use a weigh bag or a ziplock when you took them to the scale ?
poacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #14
Roosevelt Mark

Now thats funny.LMAO
Roosevelt Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #15
Trotline

biggest thing I could get last month
http://www.azflyandtie.com/flyforum/...ad.php?t=13024