Bringing Muskies back to Arizona... - Page 2 - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

June 16th, 2019     07:12 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fishing Chat

Old January 19th, 2016, 10:00 AM   #16
Fishdog

Going to sign petition now just to piss off Garrett.
Fishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 19th, 2016, 10:03 AM   #17
Garret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdog View Post
Going to sign petition now just to piss off Garrett.

the poster is going to get all bonered up when he has 3 more signatures.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Garret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2016, 02:34 PM   #18
Fishless

Something does not sound right on that muskie post? I was up at NAU in 73 majoring in football and home away from home was Ruffs liquor in Flag and we were catching big northern pike in Upper Mary and Mormon as it had perineal water and everyone was bringing in the northerns for comparison on size etc. and there were some huge fish brought in. That would of been a big deal with people talking about it if it happened? and secondly I am almost positive g and f would not have planted threadfin shad in the lake as shad do not survive real cold water, and there were times there were 12" of solid ice on Mary and Mormon people drove their vehicles out on them so I don't think shad is possible. After the idiots have illegally transplanted northern pike all over the place I doubt g and f is going to be interested in bringing in another top predator to northern lakes? my personal opinion is if you want muskies and northerns etc. move back to where you came from and leave our fisheries alone.

Old January 19th, 2016, 04:37 PM   #19
TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishless View Post
Something does not sound right on that muskie post? I was up at NAU in 73 majoring in football and home away from home was Ruffs liquor in Flag and we were catching big northern pike in Upper Mary and Mormon as it had perineal water and everyone was bringing in the northerns for comparison on size etc. and there were some huge fish brought in. That would of been a big deal with people talking about it if it happened? and secondly I am almost positive g and f would not have planted threadfin shad in the lake as shad do not survive real cold water, and there were times there were 12" of solid ice on Mary and Mormon people drove their vehicles out on them so I don't think shad is possible. After the idiots have illegally transplanted northern pike all over the place I doubt g and f is going to be interested in bringing in another top predator to northern lakes? my personal opinion is if you want muskies and northerns etc. move back to where you came from and leave our fisheries alone.
Wow , with an attitude like that ^^^^ it's no wonder you're fishless . lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
\]

Fillet & Release
TD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2016, 01:33 AM   #20
spiderbrains

Tarpon....would be my choice.
To put in all the Phoenix lakes.
spiderbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2016, 03:22 AM   #21
Garret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishless View Post

well said.

Old January 20th, 2016, 03:23 AM   #22
Garret

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbrains View Post
Tarpon....would be my choice.
To put in all the Phoenix lakes.

I hear bullsharks are fun to catch and can live in freshwater.

Old January 20th, 2016, 05:16 AM   #23
spiderbrains

Imagine..... Hooking into a 100 pound tarpon.
In a float tube.
Old January 20th, 2016, 05:59 AM   #24
Garret

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbrains View Post
Imagine..... Hooking into a 100 pound tarpon.
In a float tube.

id shit myself. im pretty sure it could plane that float tube like you were behind a boat.... id love to see a video of this. lol

Old January 20th, 2016, 08:17 AM   #25
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret View Post
id shit myself. im pretty sure it could plane that float tube like you were behind a boat.... id love to see a video of this. lol
Like this Granted its a fairy Wand but even funner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMjlEH0F10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbMjlEH0F10

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2016, 09:08 AM   #26
HugeEuge57

I'd do it in a float tube. I've caught 20 lb. carp and have been drug around in my tube for 15 minutes fighting it. I wait for the day I catch a 40-50 lb. flathead in it.

Last edited by HugeEuge57; January 20th, 2016 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Del type spelling
HugeEuge57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2016, 10:04 AM   #27
spiderbrains

Delw.....to funny I see it's already been done .
Thanks for the video.
Old January 21st, 2016, 04:28 AM   #28
Garret

LOL dude is crazy. that fish could beat the shit out of him.

Old January 21st, 2016, 05:21 AM   #29
spnplgr

I would like to see them in Roosevelt They would make short work of the huge Gizzard shad there.
Anywhere they are back east and north, they dont seem to harm either LM or SM bass populations. So harming bass should not be a problem.
I have a lake in Indiana that I used to fish on a regular basis 30+ years ago, that had the same shad problem as Rosy. They released Musky in it a few years ago, and withing 5 years it became the premier Bass lake in the state. They both seem to co-exist pretty well. Northerns too for that matter.
While in Canada this past October, I caught all species on the same structure situations. It was just a matter of staying on a bar, hump, or saddle, for a little longer than normal without leaving too soon. First the Musky would appear, then the Walleye, and then the SM bass. All using the exact same bar, just at different times.
Everywhere I have been back there where Musky have been stocked, has always been a great bass lake too.
FWIW
Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction. - Thomas Jefferson
spnplgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2016, 06:11 AM   #30
Scott S.

I've fished for musky in the St. Lawrence river. They are not prejudice in what they eat, they will not target just shad or strippers. They will eat whatever they can get into their mouth. I caught a nice one, 45" and fat, when I cut it open I found two good size smallmouth bass in it, over 12" each. They won't cure a problem, they'll create one.

Pro-Tech mat Distributor..
Sparta Carpet 20 oz plush 24 oz Ultra Plush , Distributor, Installer
Marine Vinyl flooring, 2 weights, 20 colors.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote