Roostertales on Canyon- 8/12/17 - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

June 18th, 2019     10:52 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Arizona Affiliated Fishing Clubs > Roostertales Bass Club ( FLW/TBF )

Old August 15th, 2017, 12:00 PM   #1
Fishin'Eddie

Roostertales on Canyon- 8/12/17

The Roostertales Bass Club (Roostetalesbassclub.com) held its eighth one-day tournament of this year from 4 pm to midnight at Canyon Lake on Saturday 8/12. Clouds and lightning circled us in the distance, but we were not met by a storm. Fifteen teams fished. There were 6 limits. The winners, the team of Weisshaar and Krisher, smoked the rest of the field with a winning weight of 24.46 # and big fish of 9.27#. Second place went to the husband/wife team of Redding and Redding with 12.72#. Third place was the team of Tucker and Miller with 11.88 # and second big fish of 4.79#. Most of the reports were that the bite really slowed at dusk. Fish were caught both up the river and main lake. Winning presentations included drop shot, crankbaits, and senko. The lake was brownish with scattered dead shad almost everywhere due to the golden algae. However, only one dead game fish was observed.
Our next tournament is a day tournament at Apache Lake September 16. See our website for any updates including the pre-tournament meeting set for 7 pm on Monday 9/ 11.
Fishin'Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2017, 06:49 PM   #2
Catfish Campbell

Hey Eddie,
Thanks for the report. i thought i heard all tourney's on the Salt River Chain were all cancelled due to Golden Algae? did you guys have any dead fish after the tourney once released?
Old September 19th, 2017, 03:52 PM   #3
Fishin'Eddie

Catfish- it's old news now, but G&F has sequentially opened up the Salt River lakes to tourneys after they felt the golden algae issue was winding down. I don't think we had any fish killed at the Canyon Tourney in August.
Fishin'Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote