Black River??? - Page 2 - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

January 17th, 2021     03:51 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fishing Chat

Old June 8th, 2016, 10:49 PM   #16
Fishman420

I am not worried about finding holes to fish. I am confident I will know what to do when we get there. My problem is I don't know how to get to the main areas of the River. I don't need hidden holes. Its mine and my son's first time fishing there. I just want to get there in the most efficient way possible so i don't get lost.

At this point I am looking for directions to Ten O Diamonds or Tick Flat from Globe. Me and my boy just want to camp by the river and fish a bit. Catching is important on this trip, just having a good time with my son.
Fishman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2016, 10:51 PM   #17
Fishman420

Also if anyone knows where I can pick up the proper permits, I would love to know. Is there a store or somewhere nearby where we can get a pass. I thought I heard Sportsmans sold them, but dude there said they don't do it anymore.
Old June 9th, 2016, 08:59 AM   #18
champ204suks

We use to stop at a gas station in globe and get them
champ204suks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2016, 10:04 AM   #19
Bailer

I haven't been since 92 or 93. Back then I got permits at the last circle k as you go through globe.

Like Franklin said, you really need a good map. Directions will get you lost. That said, in 93 I would go to point of pines, take the big nice dirt road NE for a while, one of the left turns will get you down to 10 of D's.

I'd kind of like to go back, but afraid to ruin the good memories. In all my trips I only ran into 1 other group. Can't imagine how crowded it is these days.
Bailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2016, 11:15 AM   #20
Riverbass

Black River Crossing is a good place to start on the Black. Stay away from 10 of Diamonds. The fishing is not back yet from the fish kill after the 2011 Wallow fire. I know....I have checked.
Riverbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2016, 01:05 PM   #21
Delw

how come I have a feeling he is going to end up in mexico or worse New Mexico.
dude cant even find directions or a map on the freaking internet.
sounds like my daughter following map quest on her tablet going to pic up the table I bought out from under franklin a few years back . she had us heading to baja mexico and she couldnt figure out why I was ignoring her directions.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2016, 01:14 PM   #22
Fishman420

So I figured everything out. It was a lot tougher than I thought to find the reliable way to the Lower End of the Black River. I don't have the time with work to make it across town to wide world of maps and I don't even know if they would of had what I needed in stock. So I bought the online book version of the Lower Black River guide from that guy on the HookedAZ site. While the guide book itself sucked in a big way, it did have two small maps in there that proved to be worth the ransom. Kinda. I still needed to work with Google Earth to put it all together. Thanks to the Author though, it was a help.

So after comparing the maps to the Google Earth Data, I found the roads I needed to get to the river. Its rough and I can see how easily it would be to get endlessly lost in those canyons without a guide of some sort. BTW Sportsmans no longer sells the passes or has those maps available either right now.

I bought all of my passes online at http://wmat.toffsystems.com/ . They can stack up real quick. I have paid $78 in permit fees so far for...
1) 2 Adult Fishing Permits for 3 Days at $9.00 each per day.
2) 1 Three Day Camping Pass at $8.00 per day.
And I have an email in to the tribe because I see that I may have to pay an additional Special USE Permit of $15 per day to access the Black River. I don't know if that one is true yet, but I am waiting to hear from them. That would add another $45 to my tab. No wonder you guys only go once or twice a year. This trip is already one of my most expensive non boat trips, and I haven't even put gas in the truck or bought food or beer yet! Oh well. If they keep it clean and stocked, its worth the expense.

We picked up some small creature baits and some small jig heads as well as a smaller lines to setup my rods. A lot of what is already in my lure bag will also work thankfully.

Thanks for all the tips. My son is stoked to finally do some real camping and fishing. I will post a report when I get back. This is gonna be fun.
Old June 9th, 2016, 01:16 PM   #23
Fishman420

Hey Del, God forbid I end up in New Mexico. Been there once, that was enough for me.
Old June 9th, 2016, 02:37 PM   #24
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman420 View Post
So I figured everything out. It was a lot tougher than I thought to find the reliable way to the Lower End of the Black River. I don't have the time with work to make it across town to wide world of maps and I don't even know if they would of had what I needed in stock. So I bought the online book version of the Lower Black River guide from that guy on the HookedAZ site. While the guide book itself sucked in a big way, it did have two small maps in there that proved to be worth the ransom. Kinda. I still needed to work with Google Earth to put it all together. Thanks to the Author though, it was a help.

So after comparing the maps to the Google Earth Data, I found the roads I needed to get to the river. Its rough and I can see how easily it would be to get endlessly lost in those canyons without a guide of some sort. BTW Sportsmans no longer sells the passes or has those maps available either right now.

I bought all of my passes online at http://wmat.toffsystems.com/ . They can stack up real quick. I have paid $78 in permit fees so far for...
And I have an email in to the tribe because I see that I may have to pay an additional Special USE Permit of $15 per day to access the Black River. I don't know if that one is true yet, but I am waiting to hear from them. That would add another $45 to my tab. No wonder you guys only go once or twice a year. This trip is already one of my most expensive non boat trips, and I haven't even put gas in the truck or bought food or beer yet! Oh well. If they keep it clean and stocked, its worth the expense.

We picked up some small creature baits and some small jig heads as well as a smaller lines to setup my rods. A lot of what is already in my lure bag will also work thankfully.

Thanks for all the tips. My son is stoked to finally do some real camping and fishing. I will post a report when I get back. This is gonna be fun.
PSSSSST
they dont stock smallies in the black river, they are natural, if you want trout you need to go up to the pumping station.

heres all you needed to do, stop at store and buy permits.
then drive down road like your going to san carlos. BIG sign on left hand side of road that heads north east reads Black river permits. some old indian dude in his white pickup truck is usually there selling maps and suck.
its the same road you take to point of pines one long ass dusty dirt road

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
Old June 9th, 2016, 02:40 PM   #25
jbv

Quote:
And I have an email in to the tribe because I see that I may have to pay an additional Special USE Permit of $15 per day to access the Black River..
If you bought permits from the White Mountain Apache Tribe, you shouldn't drive to the area from the San Carlos Apache side of the river.....
jbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2016, 04:11 PM   #26
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbv View Post
If you bought permits from the White Mountain Apache Tribe, you shouldn't drive to the area from the San Carlos Apache side of the river.....
Oh shit good catch, but its probably too late he is more than likely in NM now.
Cant wait to here the story when he comes back.
this thread reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4zfI-WyOfQ

@#muskielivesmatter
Old June 9th, 2016, 04:19 PM   #27
Franklin J

Quote:

BTW dude, what truck you rolling? You need 4wd in alot of spots, especially if it rains..gets muddy quick

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Franklin J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2016, 06:53 PM   #28
Fishman420

I dumped the Xterra a while ago and switched to a White Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab Big Horn with 4 x 4 and the Hemi. I have brand new BFG A/T KOs I bought in the spring. I should be OK. But if it pours, I don't know if it will be enough. We decided on Tick Flats, but may hit Black River Crossing as an alternative. Gonna play it safe this time.

LOL Del! I am not leaving til tomorrow. But I will keep an eye out for the state line. It's the big yellow one they paint across the country right? The messed up part is once I find the place, I will probably be pissed at myself for sweatin the details so much.

I know about the smallies, but all those trout make for an interesting return trip idea and the whole river benefits because they are stocking and saving those little buggers.
Old June 9th, 2016, 07:45 PM   #29
sandman

It's kind of remote back there in the river. You don't look like Ned Beatty, do you?
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2016, 08:49 PM   #30
basman1313

Not sure which way you are going in but if you go through Point of Pines be sure and fish it. TONS of trout, small but fun on a fly or Zray. Also go up a little higher and take a look at Dry Lake.