Password changed by admin - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

January 15th, 2021     08:38 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Board Help ,Feedback and Suggestions > AZBasszone.com Site Issues Forum

Old June 25th, 2016, 07:38 AM   #1
Scott S.

Password changed by admin

Odd, don't know why they had to change it for me. But any way, check your spam email because that's where it goes, right to spam.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pro-Tech mat Distributor..
Sparta Carpet 20 oz plush 24 oz Ultra Plush , Distributor, Installer
Marine Vinyl flooring, 2 weights, 20 colors.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2016, 07:50 AM   #2
knockonit

yep, caught me by surprise.
Rj
knockonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 09:37 AM   #3
Admin

It sucks, its dumb because its a board its not some bank account.
its going to suck for those who have a few accounts with the same email addy.
like why I am posting under admin now.
Then to top it off they put a banner across the top that looks like spam. This was stupid. why cause it looks like some kinda spam link. these clowns need to change the title at the very least.
but the notice on the top explains why.

Quote:
Notice of Data Breach

You may have heard reports recently about a security issue involving VerticalScope. We would like to make sure you have the facts about what happened, what information was involved, and the steps we are taking to help protect you.

What Happened?

On June 13, 2016, we became aware that February 2016 data stolen from VerticalScope was being made available online.

What Information Was Involved?

Community member usernames, email addresses, hashed passwords, community userIDS, community website, and the IP address the username originally registered with.

What We Are Doing

We are in the process of invalidating passwords of all VerticalScope user accounts. We have posted a site security notification on each site updating users on the potential risk to certain accounts, the password reset and steps we are implementing to improve security. We are in the process of implementing stronger password rules (passwords now require a minimum of 10+ characters and a mixture of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols) along with automated account password expiries to encourage more frequent password changes. We will remind our users to use good password practices (not using the same password for multiple online accounts and using unique strong passwords). We are in the process of implementing additional safeguards to detect, alert and mitigate any future brute force attempts, and have notified our third party vendors that interact with our various forum API's of the February breach to allow their own security teams to investigate. We are continuing our investigation and will be collecting information to provide to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.

VerticalScope is taking steps to strengthen account security. We were already using encrypted passwords and salted hashes to store passwords, and our new password controls are intended to further strengthen user security. We are taking steps to investigate and test new encryption and security technologies to further protect our users.

What You Can Do

To keep your account as safe as possible, we recommend that you regularly change your VerticalScope community password, and that you use a unique password for each of your online accounts. Using the same password for multiple online accounts significantly increases your chances of being compromised. Even though the passwords stolen in February were hashed, we recommend that if you were using (or are currently using) your VerticalScope community password across multiple online accounts, that you change your password for such other online accounts. We encourage you to regularly review your accounts and report any suspicious or unrecognized activity immediately.

For More Information

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Community Management team by email at [email protected] or on the website that you frequent. A support thread has been created on each website, and our support teams are on there to help you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
Like many I have had the same PW since I started this board. now I have to remember a new password thats complicated **** that. Its a hunting/fishing/bullshit board who really cares if someone hacks into your account .

guys who email address are no longer in service are just ****ed. (you can email the contact us link and they will fix it so your not really ****ed)
guys who dont want there email posted on this website that only admins can see are just ****ed. (yup your ****ed live with it hahaha)

Heres the problem as I see it in the future
1. most people are simple, and dumb. there going to type the same password as they use for there online banking and other sensitive shit so they can remember one. thinking its more secure. but like every board it will get hacked and your ****ed.

2. now you have to have a current email, your going to get spam soon not to mention they will have a list of valid current emails to send to advertisers if the want to.

companies trying to make things safer made it more convenient for hackers, sounds like the Government of the USA take something simple and turn it into a cluster****.

BTW they did the same thing to Archery Talk and a few other boards they own.

There going to loose a ton of people.

Delw
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2016, 10:19 AM   #4
Scott S.

I've tried to change it, and it won't take the new one. 10 characters numbers and lower case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pro-Tech mat Distributor..
Sparta Carpet 20 oz plush 24 oz Ultra Plush , Distributor, Installer
Marine Vinyl flooring, 2 weights, 20 colors.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 10:57 AM   #5
rebu

Don't forget the special character $#@!
rebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 11:39 AM   #6
Skunko!

**** this bullshit. Im out.
Old June 25th, 2016, 02:25 PM   #7
champ,204

All I got to say about this is,

Fuk you, fuk you, you're cool, fuk you I'm out!
Old June 25th, 2016, 07:46 PM   #8
eo3510

Pain.

blah, blah, blah, that's all i got to say about that~! roadkill46

You're a vile piece of shit. ThereHeIs
eo3510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:17 PM   #9
Bayou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunko! View Post
Promise?
Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:49 PM   #10
Nazi mexican

Ha. Looks like this is the only account I have access to now.
Nazi mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 08:00 AM   #11
THB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunko! View Post
Skexit
Old June 26th, 2016, 01:13 PM   #12
Stevtech

They gave me a pass word that began with a colon Password: :XXXXX so I didn't copy the colon. Took me a few WTF tries before I figured out the colon was part of the password. Hackers should get the death penalty for all the money and man hours they cost.
Stevtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 05:25 PM   #13
Rajuncajun91

2016 Arizona Crawfish festival - Canceled

With deep regret we will not be having the Crawfish festival this year due to Health reasons. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Rajuncajun91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 07:27 PM   #14
catchandrelease

Admin seems to have killed AZBZ, no catch and release !
catchandrelease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 07:55 PM   #15
sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajuncajun91 View Post
With deep regret we will not be having the Crawfish festival this year due to Health reasons. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Sorry to hear that Bobby. Hope that everything works out for the best.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote