Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Brexit Voting

6K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  Bassaholic 
#1 ·
Tried to check on the progress of the Brexit voting and saw this:

Editor's note: During the UK EU referendum voting times of 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. GMT (2 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET), broadcasters are not permitted to report on referendum campaigning. We will not report details on any campaigning or any polling that may suggest an eventual outcome until after polls close. This is impartiality is designed to make sure there is no biased influence on potential voters.

Maybe they should try that here in the US. Tired of hearing the winners announced hours before the west coast voting even closes.

#2 ·
It is understandable why they are keeping everyone in the dark, when there is so much money tied to this vote. Right now the markets have priced in a bremain. A BREXIT if it goes through will cause a mass sell off and cause a lot of volatility for world markets. The banks would be in a shit storm.

#3 ·
Tried to check on the progress of the Brexit voting and saw this:

Editor's note: During the UK EU referendum voting times of 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. GMT (2 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET), broadcasters are not permitted to report on referendum campaigning. We will not report details on any campaigning or any polling that may suggest an eventual outcome until after polls close. This is impartiality is designed to make sure there is no biased influence on potential voters.

Maybe they should try that here in the US. Tired of hearing the winners announced hours before the west coast voting even closes.
There is no conspiracy here.

In the UK, it is actually illegal to report polling numbers (even exit polls) BEFORE the official polls close.

My guess is they will stay but even if they leave, it wont have much of an affect on our market. I could see a 300 to 500 point swing which is nothing percentage wise. Currently, the weaker dollar is actually a good thing.

#20 ·
It's interesting to see, but England voting out of the EU, not out of the planet. Expect some panic selling, then things will get back to normal. Most likely, the pound will be on track sooner rather than later. Again, it will take them 2 years to fully transition. After that, no ridiculous regulations or supporting all of Europe with Germany. I expect more to follow suit as time goes on.
Six months ago the EU outlawed the electric tea kettle that British people use, outlawed the electric toaster the English people use. Huge mistake messing with the way the British make tea and toast. Obviously, lol.

#26 ·
Six months ago the EU outlawed the electric tea kettle that British people use, outlawed the electric toaster the English people use. Huge mistake messing with the way the British make tea and toast. Obviously, lol.
Yeah, just ridiculous beauacracy. Glad they woke up. They will approach it just as Norway does and set their own rules and trade deals.

#22 ·
"This is the worst period, I recall since I've been in public service. There's nothing like it, including the crisis — remember October 19th, 1987, when the Dow went down by a record amount 23 percent? That I thought was the bottom of all potential problems. This has a corrosive effect that will not go away." Alan Greenspan

I think Alan Greenspan just called Mr. BILDERBERG an idiot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.