Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

BIGGEST CATFISH

97K views 179 replies 96 participants last post by  Greencarp 
#1 ·
Just a twist on a recent thread on catfish. What is the biggest catfish you have ever caught and from where. Pics would be awesome to. My biggest cat was a 7 pounder out of rosey when I was about 13 years old I havent done much more fishing just targeting cats but I know some of you guys do.

#8 ·
San Carlos, one 44 the other 42....caught another 42 on the upper salt....

Lost one over 60 right on the bank, combination of frayed line, river current, and straightend hook....that was upper salt also

That stretch of the river is almost impossible to get big cats out of

#13 ·
6+ lbs, blue or hybrid, Canyon lake.

#15 ·
Whats funny is i dont ever take any pics of the cats i catch. I have caught a shit load in the 10-15 lb range but the biggest i have ever caught was at Bartlett in an all nighter on a DD22 3:30am. Thought i stuck some fish habitat when i started trying to pop the lure out it took off like bat out of hell. Didnt weigh it because the tmx didnt have goon fish option. Fish looked like it swallowed 2 basket balls and had to be close to 40lbs.

There's a few that i have hooked on Plez jigging spoons that never made it to the surface. You would gain about 20ft and then they would dig back in. Do that for about five minutes and straighten out your hooks.

#23 ·
PB was ~30lb flat @ Bart. I was tossing a jig and since I was bass fishing I wasn't expecting to hook into anything of that size.

Also, last weekend @ Bart we got waved down by a guy and his son who caught a 55+lb flat while trolling a crankbait.

#26 ·
BIGGEST I GOT PHOTOGRAPH OF IS 36LBS FROM BARTLETT IN THE 70'S. KEEP SAYING I NEED TO SCAN SOME OF MY OLD PIC. CAUGHT SOME BIGGER BUT DIDN'T HAVE CAMERA WITH ME. WE USED TO TROLL AT NIGHT IN THE RIVER AT BART THIS TIME OF YEAR AND CATCH 5LB TO 20LB FLATHEADS. LEFT A LOT OF LURES. BEFORE THEY HAD BRAIDED LINE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.