Bartlett Lake Marina Fishin - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

November 19th, 2019     01:47 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Fishing Chat

Old November 16th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Boat Cop

Bartlett Lake Marina Fishin

I just received word from Tonto Forest that the entire interior of the marina is closed to tourneys, that means runways and slips. it is the same at all Tonto Forest lakes. they are in the middle of makeing this rule for everybody. so what that means is that you cannot break the plane of any part of the marina.

Just for your info the entire marina is now wired with cameras as a couple of fishermen found out today!!!
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #2
SCREWYSTEWY

so does that mean the cove behind it or the shore to the south
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #3
Delw

what if you use an Alabama Rig are you legal to fish the marina? cause technically the Alabama rigs is not a legal fishing device so you wouldnt be really fishing?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #4
mj

you can fish the red stick bait ... Delw....they will be lookin at dirt before long...
mj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #5
jkole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boat Cop View Post
I just received word from Tonto Forest that the entire interior of the marina is closed to tourneys, that means runways and slips. it is the same at all Tonto Forest lakes. they are in the middle of makeing this rule for everybody. so what that means is that you cannot break the plane of any part of the marina.

Just for your info the entire marina is now wired with cameras as a couple of fishermen found out today!!!

Reading between your lines...

This does not affect a private fishermen, the way it does an organized one?
jkole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #6
Joey

Are the canyon and saguaro lake marinas off limits too??
Old November 16th, 2011, 11:18 PM   #7
jkole

Boat cop... where do you stand?

Not an answer, I want/need or expect today, but maybe someday.

If it comes down to it... will it be for the few?

Is this some kind of remnant from 911, or to better a minority (of sorts)?

I saw the something similar on the river, for the renters of public (our) resource.
Old November 16th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #8
mikeS101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Are the canyon and saguaro lake marinas off limits too??
Per the Boat Cop as stated above, this will apply to ALL Tonto Forest Lakes.
mikeS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #9
Fishman420

Does that only apply during tournaments? What about guys who aren't competeing and just want to flip some docks?
Fishman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #10
gcbaitman

Screw Tonto forest they OWN THE LAND NOT THE WATER, Marina's own the Slips NOT the WATER! FOR that matter SCREW TONTO ANYWAYS!
Old November 17th, 2011, 02:13 AM   #11
Boat Cop

It has nothing to do with the cove. only within the perimeters of the marina, cove is open, sides of the marina is open, you just cant fish within the boundrys of the marina ( slips and runways).

as of right now this only affects tourneys, they are writing this up as we speak to affect all fishermen. except if you are a member of the marina!!

no this has nothing to do with 911 or home land shit. it has to do with dumb asses hitting boats, wrapping their lines in dock lines and getting into boats and docks retreiving their lures

As for where i stand, i believe that it is public water and the first decision was the correct one, but who am i !!

jkole, because tourneys require a permit and all they have to do is write a rule on the permit. if the tourney director dont like it he dont have to get a permit. as for the public, it takes the head of the forest service to sign a new law and about 423 pages of impact studies and red tape to get it to that point at a cost of about 250.000.00 bucks. typical US government shit. im seriouse about the above statement!!!
Old November 17th, 2011, 06:23 AM   #12
Fishless

guess they will have to take the sign down at the marina at bartlett from TNF that said feel free to fish the marina but be courteous and do not damage property etc. had posted the pic a couple years ago. (TNF forest circus) is something else. They would really prefer that people that like to enjoy the outdoors don't do it!!
Old November 17th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #13
jkole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boat Cop View Post
jkole, because tourneys require a permit and all they have to do is write a rule on the permit. if the tourney director dont like it he dont have to get a permit. as for the public, it takes the head of the forest service to sign a new law and about 423 pages of impact studies and red tape to get it to that point at a cost of about 250.000.00 bucks. typical US government shit. im seriouse about the above statement!!!

I understand how the permit works, been on both side. I agree with special rules to facilitate groups and organized events.

I had not seen or heard about a current EIS or similar with regards to shutting down public water.

This has to be done at a National level as a blanket for all marinas on all FS bound lakes.

If they want to close public water to all is one thing, if they want to pick and choose, is another.

Historically... I don't see them allowing one set of individuals (slip renters) to have access while they keep everybody else out.
Old November 17th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #14
Cole

So is it legal to fish the marina during tournaments if you have a slip?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #15
jkole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
So is it legal to fish the marina during tournaments if you have a slip?

Your average Tourney D. would not allow it, and the real men without slips would get pissed.