Brexit Voting - AZBZ Forums
           
Arizona Bass Zone

   
December 6th, 2019     03:48 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Forsale > Misc

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 23rd, 2016, 09:54 AM   #1
AZ_PWE
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,886
Images: 46
Brexit Voting

Tried to check on the progress of the Brexit voting and saw this:

Editor's note: During the UK EU referendum voting times of 7 a.m. 10 p.m. GMT (2 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET), broadcasters are not permitted to report on referendum campaigning. We will not report details on any campaigning or any polling that may suggest an eventual outcome until after polls close. This is impartiality is designed to make sure there is no biased influence on potential voters.

Maybe they should try that here in the US. Tired of hearing the winners announced hours before the west coast voting even closes.
AZ_PWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:08 AM   #2
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_PWE View Post
Tried to check on the progress of the Brexit voting and saw this:

Editor's note: During the UK EU referendum voting times of 7 a.m. 10 p.m. GMT (2 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET), broadcasters are not permitted to report on referendum campaigning. We will not report details on any campaigning or any polling that may suggest an eventual outcome until after polls close. This is impartiality is designed to make sure there is no biased influence on potential voters.

Maybe they should try that here in the US. Tired of hearing the winners announced hours before the west coast voting even closes.
It is understandable why they are keeping everyone in the dark, when there is so much money tied to this vote. Right now the markets have priced in a bremain. A BREXIT if it goes through will cause a mass sell off and cause a lot of volatility for world markets. The banks would be in a shit storm.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 04:15 PM   #3
basman1313
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: nw valley
Posts: 4,192
Images: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_PWE View Post
Tried to check on the progress of the Brexit voting and saw this:

Editor's note: During the UK EU referendum voting times of 7 a.m. 10 p.m. GMT (2 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET), broadcasters are not permitted to report on referendum campaigning. We will not report details on any campaigning or any polling that may suggest an eventual outcome until after polls close. This is impartiality is designed to make sure there is no biased influence on potential voters.

Maybe they should try that here in the US. Tired of hearing the winners announced hours before the west coast voting even closes.
There is no conspiracy here.

In the UK, it is actually illegal to report polling numbers (even exit polls) BEFORE the official polls close.

My guess is they will stay but even if they leave, it wont have much of an affect on our market. I could see a 300 to 500 point swing which is nothing percentage wise. Currently, the weaker dollar is actually a good thing.
__________________
"Somebody needs to go back and get a shitload of dimes!"
basman1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 23rd, 2016, 05:34 PM   #4
socceraz
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,170
The bookmakers over there are generally the most accurate, as far as getting the outcome right. According to them, Britain will bremain.
socceraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 07:31 PM   #5
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by socceraz View Post
The bookmakers over there are generally the most accurate, as far as getting the outcome right. According to them, Britain will bremain.
Yeah the markets are reacting to a brexit as I write. Panic selling is happening.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 07:39 PM   #6
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
It is funny watching the results , now things are reversing
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 07:50 PM   #7
Nitro
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 4,494
Images: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPompous View Post
It is funny watching the results , now things are reversing
Dude, try going fishing and have beer... WOW
__________________
SUK IT..............
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 08:43 PM   #8
DickValentine
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Carefree and 17
Posts: 340
Looks like the pundits are now saying BREXIT is likely (73% chance). Watching live, DOW futures down 3%, 51.6% vote for out.
DickValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 08:59 PM   #9
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickValentine View Post
Looks like the pundits are now saying BREXIT is likely (73% chance). Watching live, DOW futures down 3%, 51.6% vote for out.
The bookies are going to clean up. The pound is getting destroyed.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:01 PM   #10
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by basman1313 View Post
There is no conspiracy here.

In the UK, it is actually illegal to report polling numbers (even exit polls) BEFORE the official polls close.

My guess is they will stay but even if they leave, it wont have much of an affect on our market. I could see a 300 to 500 point swing which is nothing percentage wise. Currently, the weaker dollar is actually a good thing.
It has had a huge effect on the markets they just shut down the Japanese markets. They popped the circuit breaker. NO Biggy, lol, u r funny.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:04 PM   #11
DickValentine
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Carefree and 17
Posts: 340
Looks like this is official!? They're out?
DickValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:15 PM   #12
DickValentine
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Carefree and 17
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPompous View Post
It has had a huge effect on the markets they just shut down the Japanese markets. They popped the circuit breaker. NO Biggy, lol, u r funny.
Oh just wait til tomorrow.
DickValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:19 PM   #13
jbv
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPompous View Post
It has had a huge effect on the markets they just shut down the Japanese markets. They popped the circuit breaker. NO Biggy, lol, u r funny.
Nothing says "free market" economies like systems in place to shut down the markets under massive losses. lol.

Too bad they don't have the same checks in place under massive gains. That may actually prevent some of these huge bubbles that pop more and more frequently.
jbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:21 PM   #14
DickValentine
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Carefree and 17
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbv View Post
Nothing says "free market" economies like systems in place to shut down the markets under massive losses. lol.

Too bad they don't have the same checks in place under massive gains. That may actually prevent some of these huge bubbles that pop more and more frequently.
I agree with you on that. It's a casino. I remember when Steve Jobs died, and they stopped trading Apple stock. Exactly my thought - so we just stop trading? Did the product reliability decrease along with the personal change?
DickValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:39 PM   #15
DaPompous
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbv View Post
Nothing says "free market" economies like systems in place to shut down the markets under massive losses. lol.

Too bad they don't have the same checks in place under massive gains. That may actually prevent some of these huge bubbles that pop more and more frequently.
LOL, the Japanese central bank has done everything in its power to devalue the yen. The Brits just screwed them. I have never seen interest rates tumble so fast on U.S. Treasuries. Good for Americans that want to buy or refinance a mortgage. The direct opposite off what the federal reserve banking cartel was trying to accomplish. Their policy is getting crushed also. Bad for savers, bad for the insurance industry, bad for people with pensions. But remember this won't have much of an effect. Lol.
DaPompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Images, Logos, Trademarks are property of thier respective owners, All other content Copyright 2003 AZBassZone.com , All Rights Reserved.