John McCain Bullshit - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

December 5th, 2019     06:28 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > General Forums > Current Events

Old December 23rd, 2015, 12:35 PM   #1
crazy cranker

John McCain Bullshit

Here is a recent newsletter from McCain. I have never seen so many untruths in one document! This guy has not been effective in accomplishing anything since he was elected for his most recent term and is up for re-election in November '16. He and Paul Ryan are clearly nothing more than RINOs. Let's vote the bum out!

The McCain Update 2015 in Review Arizona Services Issues Press Contact Fighting for Arizonans in 2015 and Beyond

Looking back on 2015, there's a lot that we accomplished together for the State of Arizona and its hardworking citizens. From fighting for our troops to supporting pro-growth policies, I've worked every day to make your voices heard. There's still much more work to be done and I look forward to continuing to build on the progress we've made in 2016 and the years to come.
The Senate is Back to Work
When Republicans were elected to the majority, we made a promise that we'd get Washington working again. That wasn't a campaign promise, it was a commitment. Under Republican leadership, the Senate is finally back to work for the American people.
After years of dysfunction, the Senate is working again:
  • Nearly 13 times as many amendment votes this year as in 2014.
  • Passed the first bicameral budget since 2009 and the first balanced budget since 2001.
  • First time all 12 Senate appropriations bills approved by the committees since 2009.
  • First major trade promotion authority bill since 2002.
  • First multi-year highway bill since 2005 -- longest since 1998.
  • First significant education reform since 2002.
More than 90 major pieces of legislation have become law, and more than 120 pieces of legislation have passed the Senate including a repeal of Obamacare, a long-term highway bill, and a comprehensive education reform bill.
Over the past year, Senate Republicans have fought tirelessly to address the concerns of hardworking Arizonans and Americans around the country -- and we're just getting started.
Strengthening National Defense
Today, Arizonans and Americans are deeply worried about our nation's security, as they look around and see a world on fire. President Obama's feckless foreign policy and "leading from behind" strategy has put our world in more turmoil and increased the threat of more terrorist attacks here at home. As Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, I've worked hard to provide leadership and oversight to keep our country safe.
In the last year, the Senate Armed Services Committee has held more than 60 full committee and subcommittee hearings, 24 briefings, and eight meetings with foreign delegations. Through all of this work, we have examined complex national security challenges before us -- ranging from the president's failure to advance a coherent strategy to defeat ISIL to the Obama Administration's dangerous nuclear deal with Iran.
We have backed all of this work with action. This year's National Defense Authorization Act, which was finally signed into law last month, includes some of the most ambitious reforms to the Pentagon in history. It ensures we use our limited defense dollars on enhancing the capability of our warfighters -- not on Pentagon bureaucracy -- while making the investments our troops need to defend the nation.
I'm particularly proud that this year year's bill strengthens Arizona's contributions to national defense:
  • We prevented the Air Force from prematurely retiring the A-10 fleet stationed at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson next year so it can continue supporting vital missions against ISIL in the Middle East and deterring Russian aggression in Eastern Europe.
  • We stopped the Air Force from retiring seven EC-130H Compass Call electronic attack airplanes stationed at D-M.
  • We supported the manufacturing of defense technologies in our state.
  • We authorized much-needed military construction projects at Arizona bases.
  • We approved $170 million to strengthen vital border security operations to keep our communities safe.
The challenges we face around the world will only continue to grow under this president who fails to lead. I will continue fighting in 2016 and beyond to ensure our service members have the resources they need to rise to the challenges of a more dangerous world.
Caring for our Veterans
The scandal of denied and delayed care that began at the Phoenix VA before spreading nationwide left us with a crisis of confidence in the agency whose mission is to care for our veterans. While I was proud to lead efforts to enact legislation into law more than a year ago that takes an important step forward in reforming the VA, it's clear this broken agency has a long way to go to fully restore its promise to deliver the best quality care to those who have served.
For the first time, our VA reform bill gave veterans a Choice Card to receive care from an outside health care provider. The Choice Card is currently limited to veterans who live more than 40 miles from a VA facility or those facing unreasonable wait times. I believe that every veteran should be able to receive a Choice Card -- no matter where they live or how long they have been waiting for care -- and introduced legislation this year to give veterans the flexibility they want and need in their health care.
Unfortunately, wait-times are still too long, corruption too frequent, and care far too poor at the VA. I've fought the VA at every corner to ensure that it removes hurdles to veterans using the Choice Card, holds all those responsible for this scandal in care accountable, and improves the care it provides our veterans in Phoenix and around the country.
I've also fought to ensure that we improve the care we deliver to those who suffer from the psychological wounds of war. An average 22 veterans commit suicide today -- a shocking and unacceptable reality that must be reversed. I helped to address this issue by enacting legislation that enhances life-saving mental health care services for those who suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and other debilitating conditions.
Our veterans should have every opportunity to thrive when they return home from combat. I won't rest until the VA finally delivers the care our veterans have earned and deserve.
Advancing Arizona's Priorities
  • Major Trade Route Designations for Arizona's Economy: This month, Congress passed a long-term highway bill that gives states the funding certainty they need to enhance roads, bridges, and transit programs in Arizona and across the country. This bill also includes provisions I cosponsored to help drive economic growth statewide by paving the way for a Sonoran Corridor and the future I-11. These major trade routes will enable Arizona to become a key part of an international trade route that reaches all the way to the southern border, driving economic growth statewide.
  • Returning Education to States, Teachers & Parents: America's young people are the future of this country, and I've been proud to advance policies that better prepare Arizona's young people to compete in an increasingly competitive world. This month, Congress passed bipartisan legislation that takes a major step forward in getting Washington out of Arizona's classrooms and putting states, teachers and parents back in charge of educating our students. It also includes a measure I was proud to offer on the Senate floor that expands access to charter, magnet and high-performing public schools for low-income students.
  • Securing the Border: I've also continued working to enhance the security of our southern border, while advancing policies that facilitate cross-border trade. When I traveled down to the border earlier this year, I saw first-hand the crisis we are facing in recruiting and retaining Border Patrol agents at highly trafficked ports of entry. This shortage not only leaves us with a gaping hole in national security, but also interrupts much-needed international trade. To address this, I worked with Senator Flake to get legislation signed into law that speeds up the hiring of military veterans at U.S. ports of entry -- providing veterans vital opportunities to continue serving and protecting the nation.
  • Addressing Native American Priorities: I was able to get passed a provision in last year's defense authorization bill that enables the Pentagon transfer between 125 and 200 excess mobile homes to Native American tribes. Navajo Nation leaders have long sought these mobile homes, as they continue to struggle with substandard housing and high unemployment. I also proudly cosponsored legislation that would give tribal governments greater ability to manage solar, wind, natural gas, and other energy development on their land by cutting red tape at the Department of the Interior.
  • Reducing Catastrophic Wildfire & Preserving Water in Arizona: Catastrophic wildfire and the scarcity of water remain the top two issues for Arizona's future, and I worked hard this year to address these critical issues. I once again advanced legislation that would increase the Forest Service's budget for fighting wildfires and expedite forest-thinning on seven million acres across the West. In 2016, I'll focus on reestablishing Arizona's timber industry by improving incentives for thinning acreage to make our forests healthier and less prone to catastrophic wildfire.
  • Addressing Flight Path Changes at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport: I worked to address community concerns about recent flight path changes at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. Since September 2014, these updated flight patterns for departures out of Sky Harbor have led to a drastic increase in noise, impacting the daily lives of the surrounding community. Federal agencies must be responsive to the needs of the American people. I have worked to voice these concerns in Washington, continuing to press the FAA to engage with local communities and airports before making future flight path decisions.
  • Repealing Obamacare: For the first time, Congress passed a bill repealing Obamacare that is headed to the president's desk. This marks a critical step towards building a bridge from the president's disastrous health care law to sensible health care solutions that work for the American people. I've also worked to address other damaging parts of Obamacare, including by sponsoring a bill that would give Americans who choose not to enroll in Obamacare the freedom to opt-out of the individual mandate so they aren't forced to pay a hefty penalty.
  • Boosting Arizona's Economy through International Trade: Congress finally passed Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) this year, which gives the president fast-track authority to complete trade agreements that eliminate trade barriers, set rules to level the playing field for American companies and create U.S. jobs. TPA paved the way for finalizing the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Agreement, which is estimated to create 17,000 new jobs for Arizonans and significantly expand foreign direct investment in Arizona. I was proud to support these initiatives.
  • Fighting Obama's Environmental Regulations: I joined the Arizona business community in strongly opposing Obama's reckless environmental regulations, which are saddling Arizona businesses and consumers with onerous costs and bureaucratic red-tape. I sponsored a resolution that passed the Senate disapproving of the EPA's harmful "Clean Water Rule" -- a regulation of unprecedented scope that will expand the federal government's authority over roughly 60 percent of all waterbodies in the United States and harm Arizona's agriculture and homebuilding sectors, which account for most economic activity in our state. I also cosponsored two bipartisan Senate resolutions that would stop the Obama Administration from moving forward with the "Clean Power Plan" rule. This rule would disproportionately affect Arizonans who will be forced to foot the bill for millions in added compliance costs as a direct result of the Obama Administration's executive overreach.
  • Stopping an Unruly Federal Agency: I championed a provision included in the year-end spending bill that requires Western Area Power Administration to report all of its overhead costs to Congress so that customers have transparency and the agency reins-in its excessive spending. While Western is tasked with delivering hydro-electric energy to Arizonans at the lowest possible rate, its overhead costs have skyrocketed in recent years, costing customers millions of dollars more a year.
  • Saving Apache Railway: I helped to ensure that Apache Railway would continue operating in Navajo County, Arizona. For years, the Apache Railway has supported important development and vital industries in an area of the state under considerable economic stress. Thanks to the hard work of local leaders across Navajo County, Apache Railway will continue to have an enormous impact on the businesses and citizens in rural communities across Arizona.
There's a lot more work to be done in the year ahead, and I won't stop fighting to make sure your voices heard and your concerns answered. From my family to yours, have a very happy holiday season and blessed New Year!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crazy cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2015, 10:16 PM   #2
sandman

He may have been an asset at one time but now he needs to go. And take that other worthless RINO (flake) with him.

What has happened with the Rep party in AZ? Californicated? Hell, the entire Rep party is so hard to tell from the other one... No wonder Trump is making so much headway.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2015, 11:20 PM   #3
jbv

Don't worry, Ann Kirkpatrick is going to beat him badly next year....

And then you'll be begging the RINO was still around...
jbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 23rd, 2015, 11:55 PM   #4
zxc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbv View Post

+1000, She is bad news!
zxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 01:32 AM   #5
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
He may have been an asset at one time but now he needs to go. And take that other worthless RINO (flake) with him.

What has happened with the Rep party in AZ? Californicated? Hell, the entire Rep party is so hard to tell from the other one... No wonder Trump is making so much headway.
Mc Pain is a Piece of shit, he hasnt been an asset to anyone except democrats and his wallet from the deconcini days.(late 80's?)
anyone who serves more than 2 terms is a waste and useless to the public.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 09:56 AM   #6
Roosevelt Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delw View Post
Mc Pain is a Piece of shit, he hasnt been an asset to anyone except democrats and his wallet from the deconcini days.(late 80's?)
anyone who serves more than 2 terms is a waste and useless to the public.

Delw
Agreed!
Roosevelt Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 01:52 PM   #7
Skunko!

Theyre all in office with only one thing in mind.
Profit.
Those of their handlers, and a very distant second...their own.
Old December 24th, 2015, 07:14 PM   #8
Captain17

McCain needs to go! AZ does not need this POS liberal wrapped in a Republican.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Captain17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 09:59 PM   #9
Skunko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain17 View Post
McCain needs to go! AZ does not need this POS liberal wrapped in a Republican.
Would you support a republican wrapped republican in a liberal?
Old December 25th, 2015, 01:03 PM   #10
crazy cranker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunko! View Post
Theyre all in office with only one thing in mind.
Profit.
Those of their handlers, and a very distant second...their own.
It amazes me how all of the representatives, senators and presidents leave office as multi millionaires. I thought it was illegal for them to take money from special interests. They sure as hell don't become millionaires from speaking engagements and appearances.
According to financial disclosure reports, Obama has an estimated net worth of
$7 million dollars
. Since he was worth
$1.3 million
in 2007, that makes the millionaire 438% more wealthy than when he first ran for office.

Old December 25th, 2015, 01:10 PM   #11
crazy cranker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbv View Post

We need to vote for
Dr. Kelli Ward in the republican primary. She is a good real republican woman from Lake Havasu not a RINO. Ann Kirkpatrick is a Nazi.

Old December 25th, 2015, 01:53 PM   #12
Diablo

McCain is an enemy of this state and the people of this country. He is hell bent on creating WWIII and is working in concert with Obama.

I don't know much about Dr. Kelli Ward, but I will vote for her and talk to as many people as I can to let them know how badly McCain has betrayed us.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting......."holy shit!.......what a ride!!!"
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2015, 06:03 PM   #13
Bayou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunko! View Post
Would you support a republican wrapped republican in a liberal?
Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2015, 06:34 PM   #14
Skunko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy cranker View Post
It amazes me how all of the representatives, senators and presidents leave office as multi millionaires. I thought it was illegal for them to take money from special interests. They sure as hell don't become millionaires from speaking engagements and appearances.
According to financial disclosure reports, Obama has an estimated net worth of
$7 million dollars
. Since he was worth
$1.3 million
in 2007, that makes the millionaire 438% more wealthy than when he first ran for office.
My great grandmother who was married to a congressman used to say that they shouldnt recieve a payvheck. They should be able to keep the money they steal.