Arizona Bass Zone

December 12th, 2019     07:53 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Reports > Lake Reports

Old April 20th, 2016, 08:39 AM   #31
GILAmobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackerman View Post
Very Nice!!! Did you go out at all this weekend?
No I didn't get a chance. A few friends on FB posted some nice catches though. Minnows and curly tails. Float with minnow or jig reeled in slow.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>
GILAmobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2016, 01:18 PM   #32
kpangler

GILAmobster - any recent reports at San Carlos for crappie?
kpangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2016, 02:53 PM   #33
GILAmobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpangler View Post
GILAmobster - any recent reports at San Carlos for crappie?
No really good reports. Lake is under 3% capacity!! Gotta launch a ways out from Soda canyon. Be very careful if you do, dry topsoil but standing water underneath. Saw a few sunk trucks during the 4th. LOL
Muddy from the shallow end with the wind churning it up. Pretty slow for crappie and bass. BUT I can't comment if anglers are doing any good night fishing for crappie. Usually this time of the year night time crappies are the way to go. I usually do good along the steep cliffs across Soda. Night time Cat fishing has been good.

FYI: The Tribal Rec Dept. did an amazing job of removing cattail banks along some portions of Talkalai. They took a Track Hoe and opened up clearings at the main ramp and the small south side ramp, cut the overhangs on the road in. They're still currently out there tearing out the Veg.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>

Last edited by GILAmobster; July 13th, 2016 at 03:05 PM. Reason: add more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2016, 03:50 PM   #34
kpangler

Thanks for the update GILAmobster. Sounds like we'll have to wait until next spring for San Carlos to see if the water rises again. If Talkalai is launchable and the fishing is good, might give it a try.
Old July 14th, 2016, 08:50 AM   #35
GILAmobster

kp,
Well I hope SCL doesn't have another fish kill. That would suck. Damn just as the bass and crappie are coming back too.
Talkalai fishing had been very poor for bass. IDK what is up? Folks are still catching palm sized crappie tho from the shore and boats.
>
Old July 26th, 2016, 12:00 PM   #36
GILAmobster

Still catching crappie at SCL. Nice keepers 11-13 inchers on shad. I was using 1-2" shad caught along shoreline with a cast net. I bet we caught 1 nice crappie per hour and plenty smaller in between.
7-8pm was in my past experiences the best bite. Alot of dinks in the 5-6" size crappie and plenty of Channel Cats to spare.
My rig consisted of float about 4-5' from a thin wire #2 long shank hook. I chose these hooks best since shad tend to die quickly. Killer set-up with 8-10# mono. Just enough to battle a nice crappie. Just look for the Grebe's! I noticed when they're around the shad are thick.
>
Old July 26th, 2016, 08:28 PM   #37
Will K

Good to hear.
Will K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 11:53 PM   #38
RookieBoy

Dewey,
In your neck of the woods..is there any talk about repairing the dam?
As a white boy growing up here, Roosevlet & San CarLos was the place to be..and still is my heart.

That dam(San Carlos) was sloughing off chunks of cement when I was there last, not worried about the fishing, but the folks down stream will get punished and then some if the snow and rain comes back. Thoughts?
Take care my friend,
Matt
RookieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2016, 10:10 AM   #39
GILAmobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieBoy View Post
Dewey,
In your neck of the woods..is there any talk about repairing the dam?
As a white boy growing up here, Roosevlet & San CarLos was the place to be..and still is my heart.

That dam(San Carlos) was sloughing off chunks of cement when I was there last, not worried about the fishing, but the folks down stream will get punished and then some if the snow and rain comes back. Thoughts?
Take care my friend,
Matt
I have a good friend that works for the Dam (BIA). He maintains operation there, open gates or close the gates. He gave no indication of any Major repairs in the future. But who knows...that dam is last on anyone's radar.
Honestly I've seen huge slabs slide of the domes before too....
>
Old August 5th, 2016, 02:19 PM   #40
GILAmobster

Went for a quick fish yesterday evening before the storms. Within an hour caught 5 nice crappie on shad.Back to back like crazy....then like it started it quit. Finally found a spot with less hookups of Channels cats, fun to play but can get annoying. Good luck.
>
Old August 8th, 2016, 10:03 PM   #41
Will K

Awesome.
Old August 22nd, 2016, 11:50 AM   #42
kpangler

This was from shore at San Carlos (the crappie)?
Old August 27th, 2016, 08:59 PM   #43
Will K

yup
Old November 4th, 2016, 10:17 AM   #44
Zona88

GILA.....do you happen to know if the fish made it through the summer at the lake?
Zona88 is offline   Reply With Quote