Arizona Bass Zone

July 3rd, 2020     05:56 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Arizona Tournament Information > American Bass

Old October 1st, 2012, 06:58 PM   #1
mbrillhart

ABA Results & Thank You Letter

Posting For Larry:

Well, I finally got my feet wet, running my 1st ABA Team Tournament for the 2012-2013 year. I was a little disappointed in the turn out, but I had only 3 weeks to get thing rolling and less than 10 days to promote the 1st tournament of the season, at Roosevelt Lake, September 29th. There was another tournament at Alamo Lake that drew the same amount of boats. Fishing was a little better than fair. Out of 16 paid teams, 14 teams weighed fish. One boat ran out of fuel on the way in, and the other lost 8 fish at or close to the boat. There were 9 limits weighed in, with a total of 53 caught, with 52 released alive. The one dead fish was hooked deep inside, and swallowed the bait. The two top finishers, fished alone.
Below is a list of the finish
1st Place Tommy Jonovich with 11.39lbs with winnings of $1150.00 for 1st, $160.00 for 1st big fish of 3.15, $375.00 for big bucks, $80.00 for Dr. Plots group of four, $140.00 for Easy money and$260.00 for biggest bass for $2165.00
2nd Place Gary Understiller with 10.55lbs with winnings of $700.00 for 2nd place, and $200.00 for Dr. Plots group of team for total $900.00
3rd Place John Murray and Steve Molinari 9.59lbs with winnings of $230.00 for 3rd place, and $225.00 for 2nd Place Big bucks for a total of $480.00
4th Place Steve Czernski and Jeff Guerrette with 9.57 with winnings of $150.00 for 3rd place Big bucks
5th Place Steve Foutch and Lon Armel with 9.13lbs 2 cases of Lucas 2 cycle oil
6th Place Don Mcbride and Keith Espe with 8.52lbs
7th Place Rod Nelson and Jake Randall with 8.42lbs with $50.00 for Goon Fish
8th Place Mike and Mary Brillhart with 7.78lbs
9th Place Randell cnote and Jake Rogers with 7.77lbs
10th Place Gerald and Tom Laughran with 6.91lbs
11th Place Jim Boniface and Mark Dalton with 6.02lbs
12th Place Tom Wennerlund and Vern Ridgeway with 5.90lbs and 3rd big fish 2.74lbs for $64.00 and $140.00 for easy money
13th Place Aaron Heath and Paul Mathews with 4.05lbs with 2nd big fish 2.88lbs for $96.00
14th Place Terry Schilling and Clint Herring with 3.74lbs
15th Place Brad Cook and Matt Shura with 3.13 lbs
16th Place Chris Texeira and Seth Starks with2.75 lbs
The 5 $100.00 winners that Bill Luke Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge-Ram, Fiat donated were Brad Cook, Mike Brillhart, Jim Boniface, Jeff Gurrette and Tommy Jonovich .
That Makes a Total $5045.00 Paid back at the Ramp!!
A special thanks goes to Kim Carter the GM at Bill Luke for making this possible and who is also sponsoring all the trophies this season.

Also, I want to thank the local sponsors, Lobina Lures and Rico for donating lures, Lucas Oil, The Hookup Outfitters for their gifts certificates, Cabelas for their @20.00 off coupons and the $250.00 Cabelas Cash that went to Tommy Jonovich, which he was the highest finisher, with the Cabelas Cash decal on his boat. To have a chance to win this, just register on-line on the Cabelas Web site, The Tackle Box for donating gift certificated, A & M Wraps for a beautiful wrap on the trailer, and Dillon’s Scorpion Bay for their discount card.
Our next tournament is November 3rd at Alamo Lake. Sign in will be 5:00pm till 8:00 Friday, and 4:00am till start Saturday at the Cholla Group Area. Boat check will start at 4:00 am, with the tournament start at safe light. Be on the water early, as it’s not fair to hold up the other contestants. Come fish this tournament as Pre-fish for tournaments later in November. The giveaways will be close to the same, with the 5 $100.00 drawing after the awards. Must be present to win.
I also want to thank the people that helped me. My daughter Angie, son ijn law Ben, my grandson Robbie, and Brysen, who drew the $100.00 winners, Mike and Mary Brillhart, Chris Teixeira and Seth Starks, the start boat and check in guys, Jeremy DeHart of Lucas Oil, for the holding tanks, canopy, and products and Steve Molinari for the use of his generator. And honorable mention for Steve, for leaving the tournament early, to attend a father daughter dance.
Hope to see everyone at Alamo. Tell your friends. The more boats the better the payouts. I’ll try harder to get this built up and get more sponsors.
Larry
mbrillhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2012, 07:40 PM   #2
RenaissanceMan

Fishing was a little better than fair....????hmmmmmm....not exactly

RenaissanceMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:32 PM   #3
redhammer

Thumbs up

Nice breakdown on payouts....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
redhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 1st, 2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Jeff G

Just wanted to say thanks to Larry and his crew. We had boat issues after the first hour of the tourny. When we got back to the ramp and told larry he offered us his boat to finish the tourny. His staff busted their butts to help us switch boats and get us back fishing as soon as possible.
Thanks again.
Jeff G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:31 PM   #5
poacher

Larry who?
poacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #6
Brian the boat guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poacher View Post
Larry who?
Larry Mantle
Brian the boat guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #7
big red

wow thats awsome the TD lending out his boat...thats a class act .... nice job larry!!!
Old October 4th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #8
poacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian the boat guy View Post
Larry Mantle
That ol bastard is still around?you gotta be kiddin me!
poacher is offline   Reply With Quote