Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

USAC Fisher 2.18.2012 - Results

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jsleight3 
#1 ·
Dear Anglers,

This last weekend at Fishers Landing we held our 4th US Anglers Choice Lower Colorado Pro Team Series Event. We had 10 teams on hand at this event, which was decrease from the last event since USAC had bad scheduling with another USAC event in Havasu on the same day. We would like to get the word out about the new series in order to make this series a success. The event ran smoothly with 6 out of the 10 team receiving winnings. We had sunny weather all day with the water temps in the high 50’s to low 60’s with bass staging to spawn. We had a total of 45 fish weighted and 44 fish released.

The 4th USAC Champion at the Fisher Landing goes to Joe & Joey Mayerchik with a five bass limit that weighed 14.83lbs with the 4th big bass of 3.74lb. The team took home a nice payday of $ 970.00 for their days effort. This team has been on fire winning 3 out of the 4 events. Right now they are the team to beat in this region.
Second place went to John Turner and Jim Waits with a five bass limit that weighed 14.84lbs with the fifth big bass of 3.60lb. Turner and Waits took a nice payday of $465.00 in cash for the there 2nd place finish. This team is always hard to beat and they are currently in second place in the YTD for this season.

Third place went to Ted Hook & Rick Stewart with a five bass limit that weighed 12.62 lbs with the biggest bass of the tournament that weighed 6.43lb. Hook & Stewart took home a nice payday of $ 330.00 for their days effort. This team currently has the biggest fish for the series that was a nice largemouth. This team has stepped up in order to support the USAC series by donating the trophies for each event, which is a great donation, and we appreciate the support.

We had a BBQ at the end of the tournament with trophy awards ceremony and a drawing for fishing products that have been donated by our sponsors. We would like to personally thank the sponsors Lee Mc Dowell from D-10 for the shirts and hats. A special thanks to Chris Marso from Berkley Fishing Products for all the fishing tackle that was given away at the draw. Again, We would like to thank Ted hook from Sonora Nissan & Rick Stewart from Stewart Electric for the trophy donation and the their support of the new series. If you would like to be sponsor at the upcoming events please give Jim Sleight a call as we are looking for more participation.
We would like to thank Linda at Fisher landing for opening the restaurant at 5:30am so we could have our sign-ups, breakfast and the draw. We will have the restaurant opening a 5:30AM for the remaining event so please come early for sign-ups, the draw, eat breakfast, and enjoy some good conversation amongst anglers.

Lastly, I would like to thank my staff of Regina Seaberg and Ron Overman. I can never express my thanks enough to the people that help me make these events happen and run smoothly. My staff is a veteran crew that has work together for several years, which this operation run smoothly with zero no headaches.

You can view the results, standings and images for each event at the following websites:
1. San Diego Team Series www.sdteamseries.com
2. US Anglers Choice www.usanglerschoice.net

The San Diego Team Series (www.sdteamseries.com) is my personal website for all the tournaments that Jim Sleight directs. SD Team Series will offer a Message forum for the fishing community in order to express their commits or requests, so please sign-up today and post a topic for discussions. The forum is easy to use and should be a fun way for fishing community to interact within their own circuit. We will be posting in the forum after each event so look for update on the site. The next tournament will be March 17, 2012 at Fisher’s landing. We hope to get the word out about the next event in order to boost the team participation and get this series into the tournament mix amongst the Yuma anglers.

Jim Sleight
Tournament Director

See attached PDF file for full results and YTD standings

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.