How to avoid a boat crash - Page 3 - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

December 11th, 2019     10:49 AM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Articles

Old August 1st, 2015, 02:56 PM   #31
knockonit

the last five decades or so, I've had more than my share of run in's with idgits, last time was ugly, damm near got my arse handed to me. but the two youngun's underestimated the ole guy, expecting him to be a push over, i'd turned the other cheek the first time they pulled their fly by, the second time they douched me, and the race was on, having a very fast boat, i chased them to their landing, and had it out. they assumed the old guy would fight fair, hehe, dumb fudgeheads.
NO respect is the problem, with the pwc idiots, and some in their cruisers, I have no problem letting them know, but now being a lot grayer, pick my battles. lol.
Rj
knockonit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 23rd, 2016, 09:19 PM   #32
James

once there was this smokin hot chick surfing behind a boat. I didn't mind it when she got close to me.

Most of the rest of the time it's annoying.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2016, 03:25 AM   #33
spiderbrains

Have you noticed when your in your car driving around.
And people are speeding all around you .
Changing lanes 4 times in a block.
Going threw red lights .
No signals
No respect for anyone .

Those same people hook up there boats and go to the lake.
spiderbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2016, 09:42 PM   #34
Z-Hamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHFEARME View Post
DARWIN AWARD !!!! DONE TIME ? you will.........
Exactly. Know of a guy through a friend that decided to get tough and wave a glock at a lady on the freeway who cut him off and then proceeded to extend the courtesy of her middle finger. CCW carrier, responsible dude, no record, got sentenced to 1 year in the slammer for that one little flash. Keep it concealed unless your life is in danger and there are no other options. Firing at passing boaters or even waving a firearm will most certainly land you time in the big house.
Old February 27th, 2016, 10:09 PM   #35
basman1313

Well after spending two days in Havasu I would have to say that the vast majority of California boaters are from England. I can't tell you how many times I was running and had a boat coming at me head on. At one point we ran from the bridge all the way down to black meadow landing. I was headed south obviously in no more than 150 yards off the western shore and had 5 different boats go between me and the shore heading north running wide open. All five were California bass boats
Old February 27th, 2016, 10:30 PM   #36
catchandrelease

Old post but I think every boat owner should have to pass a course to operate a boat on the water. I have been boating for 37 years. As the lakes get more boaters and pressure it has gotten worse over the years.
I took an online Boater safety course some years back and really learned a lot even with all of my prior boating years. Inland and Offshore course that teaches you a lot , kind of like a test for a vehicle drivers license. The course took me a couple of hours to complete and pass on my second try at the test. Knowing what the buoy markers mean, driving patterns on lakes / counter clockwise and tons of more info is well worth taking the test even for the most seasoned boat operators. It will save you money on your boat insurance and good discounts when renting boats at Powell and other lakes.
AZGFD should require passing a test for every boat registered with them. I challenge all of you guys that have been on here forever to take the course and see how you do. It is well worth it and I would love to hear some responses on how the course went for you.
I got certified with BoatU.S. Foundation
catchandrelease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2016, 10:43 PM   #37
catchandrelease

Quote:
Originally Posted by basman1313 View Post
Well after spending two days in Havasu I would have to say that the vast majority of California boaters are from England. I can't tell you how many times I was running and had a boat coming at me head on. At one point we ran from the bridge all the way down to black meadow landing. I was headed south obviously in no more than 150 yards off the western shore and had 5 different boats go between me and the shore heading north running wide open. All five were California bass boats
Sounds like you were in the right direction heading south on the west side / counter clock wise on the lake. Sht can go wrong real fast at wot with oncoming traffic in the wrong direction.
catchandrelease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2016, 05:59 AM   #38
Bayou

Many times it's a "survival of the fittest" mentality out there. My boat's bigger, more powerful, and quicker than yours.....good luck!
On the freeways there is a reasonable chance a Highway Patrol car might see what's going on. The chaos on the water is solely up to the boat drivers. A great many of them are plastered and don't care.
Bayou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2016, 09:47 AM   #39
kevin

lookin thru these posts from an old post you always see all those people that were regulars here and gone now, some got sick of the shit, some dont care and moved on, some died,(RIP) to them, Hmm as AZBZ turns... Stay tuned, theres more to come...
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2016, 11:20 PM   #40
kjolee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Hamp View Post
Exactly. Know of a guy through a friend that decided to get tough and wave a glock at a lady on the freeway who cut him off and then proceeded to extend the courtesy of her middle finger. CCW carrier, responsible dude, no record, got sentenced to 1 year in the slammer for that one little flash. Keep it concealed unless your life is in danger and there are no other options. Firing at passing boaters or even waving a firearm will most certainly land you time in the big house.

You quoted someone that is probably in prison...
kjolee is offline   Reply With Quote