Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

flooded quarry in peoria

4K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Franklin J 
#1 ·
hey ya'll, my buddy and i love night fishing for bass and catfish in local water ways, ponds, and man made "baby lakes" such as the flooded quarry im wondering about.

this quarry was owned by cemex back in the day and when they pulled out im guessing about a year or two ago they flooded it with quite a bit of acerage of water from pleasant. there are 2 large lakes that range from 1' to 15' deep based on my fish hunter sonar, the water is chrystal clear minimal insects lots of frogs and a lot of vegitation in and around the water. my buddy and i spent about 4-5 hours here the other night with out as much as a nibble and i was wonder if anyone has tried and been successful here? any input would be nice. i did see on fishbrain where some kids supposedly caught some cat fish here. and we did confirm that the base of the food chain exists in these ponds with small frys/minnow of some sort and of course tad poles. again any input would be nice.

thank you in advance. and keep tight lines!!! -scott

#8 ·
The sheriff is a dick for enforcing trespassing laws?

good to know everyone thanks for the insight. ill avoid that place if thats the case. ive just seen a bunch of people fishing there. has anyone tried that flooded old quarry out in buckeye that was flooded from the gila? i know thats not off limits
Last time I was down there, the tweakers, illegals, and Chinese (using gill nets to get tilapia for their restaurants/markets) barely outnumbered the dead bodies....

There were some big bass in there, though.

Just don't step on the dead hooked and hypodermic needles...

#10 ·
The ponds in buckeye are off limits..mcso and buckeye PD go down there often. Besides, so many people have gill netted fish that its not that great anymore..I live super close to lake pleasant one and Peoria PD does go down there often. I talked to cemex employee and they said its owned by the LDS church. They are very strict about keeping people off there. They have cameras down there. Hope this insight helps a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.