Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

CBC Roosevelt Ken Levy Open 4/11/15 Results

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Bayou 
#1 ·
23 teams participated Saturday April 11th for Chandler Bass Club's Ken Levy Open Tournament held at Roosevelt Lake. The club paid out 5 places with over $2800 to the winners. Special thanks to everyone that attended and to everyone who donated extra to the Levy Family. With everyone's contributions we were able to put together a generous donation to Ken's family to help with funeral and medical expenses.

Congrats to my partner Matt Landspurg (Rookieboy) for sticking a 10lb toad! Matt and I want to dedicate this win in memory of Ken. We're going to miss you dude.

1st place - Mike Liu & Matt Landspurg with 16.98 total pounds and big fish winner. They won $1290 total including big fish prize.

2nd place - Brad Mckinney/ Chad Mckinney with 12.25lbs. They won $650

3rd place - Ken Pattyson/ Wyatt Pattyson with 11.83lbs. They won $470

4th place - Verne Ridgeway/ Brad Shoemaker with 11.36lbs. They won $270

5th place - TJ Roach/ Seth Furmanek with 10.37lbs. They won $140

FULL RESULTS

1. Mike Liu/ Matt Landspurg 16.92 10.0 bf
2. Brad Mckinney/ Chad Mckinney 12.25 4.42 bf
3. Ken Pattyson/ Wyatt Pattyson 11.83 3.47 bf
4. Vern Ridgeway/ Brad Shoemaker 11.36 3.72 bf
5. TJ Roach/ Seth Furmanek 10.37
6. Darrin Weis/ Bernie Herskovets 10.17
6. Ron Kersten 10.17
7. Kyle Kasprzyk/ Jacob Bute 9.94
8. Rick Weiler/ John Weiler 9.53
9. Lou Edgar/ Ben Edgar 9.08 3.38 bf
10. Forest Kirchner/ Ryan Jones 9.07
11. Miles Djukic/ Elise Djukic 8.98 3.14 bf
12. Bill Geringer/ Billy Geringer 8.52
13. Donnie Gieman/ Terry Pierskalla 8.49
14. Don Robinson/ Rick Munoz 7.8
15. Josh Hamlin/ Jim Hamlin 7.73
16. George Vick/ Mike Tradup 7.48
17. Steve Taylor/ Paul Totten 7.39
18. Dennis Tingle/ Bob Johnson 7.17
19. Bart Mcfarlane/ Sandy Mcfarlane 6.55
20. Jason Self/ Dan Schmidt 6.18
21. Jose Torres/ Erik Torres 4.64
22. John Wendler DNW

Anyone interested in joining CBC please visit chandlerbassclub.com

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Thank you guys. I couldn't have done it without the Hawaiian fish finder up front. We are a team and had a ball fishing last Saturday.

Mike looked like a pointer on task. All I heard was "is that a carp?" after that it was holy s**t it's a five pounder! Kinda tough to guess weight when they are 10+ of water.

I took first crack at her and she grabbed my jig, I swung for the fences and missed. She had my jig by the tails and was moving it off the bed. I reeled up and my jig had been castrated.

I trot to the back of the boat with my back to the big Kahuna to put on a fresh jig and hear him tossing his his drop shot, next thing you know it's fish on...I drop everything and grab the net, he nailed the buck off that bed. We didn't even see that little dude, he came out of no where. We tossed that little guy into the live well.

It was my turn..

I toss my jig back to the sweet spot and about 30 seconds later that fish jumped on it, all I here is the big Kahuna scrambling for the net and I thought it was man over board, there was a lot of commotion behind me. Fighting that fish back to the boat was a challenge, light drag and flexible pole, I wasn't familiar with Ken's rod and reel. Veritas rod with a Ardent reel.

Long story short, fish in the net, hearts pounding, hi5's, and a holy s##t, it's bigger than we thought it was....

Thanks Ken from up above for getting us on that fish. I still can hear you calling us pecker head's on the way we approached that fish.

Miss you buddy...

Enjoy the time on the water with your friends and family, we are so blessed to get time on the water. Tight lines....

Attachments

#9 ·
I actually caught the buck with an orange hula grub tied to a jig head.. I felt a tick and set the hook but knew right away it wasn't the female. We didn't even see the male. He came out of nowhere. We got lucky finding that fish. It sure didn't look like 10 lbs looking down into the water. I thought 5 for sure. But it was too deep to tell. Fun times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.