Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Johnny Johnson Getting Ripped On....

13K views 102 replies 56 participants last post by  Rack Man 
#1 ·
#87 ·
I only buy American vehicles, (Chevy and GMC are my brand of choice) I also ALWAYS check drivers door jam to see where the vehicle was assembled, (my truck was built in Shreveport and my car Bowling Green).

The part alot of you are missing is whether or not your jap truck was built here the profits go back to Japan.

Spend your money as you wish but if your unemployed and theres a foreign car in your driveway I have ZERO sympathy for you.

One thing still hasnt changed, as American car manufacturers go, so goes the country.

#88 ·
The part alot of you are missing is whether or not your jap truck was built here the profits go back to Japan.
Yeah, a few pages back I broke that down for people was called "Part of the problem" and asked "Not to procreate" for this type of thinking. Just a heads up.

#90 ·
Just paid off my Toyota a few weeks ago, and I received my title in the mail the other day. My next car will be some type of sports car. I was thinking a Ford Mustang or maybe an AWD car from Infinity, BMW or Subaru. Regardless, I'm going to get the car I want. My decision will not be based on where the product is made. Wherever the car comes from, the local dealer will benefit from the sale and service.

I'd actually prefer not to support some of the lazy union workers that benefit from big 3 car sales. However, that doesn't come into my decision either. It's my money, and I'm going to get the car I want. It would take too much time to try and figure out what items I buy are most American. I probably have very little truly American made items, and that's ok. I still spend a bunch of money, and Americans are still benefiting.

#91 ·
Just paid off my Toyota a few weeks ago, and I received my title in the mail the other day. My next car will be some type of sports car. I was thinking a Ford Mustang or maybe an AWD car from Infinity, BMW or Subaru. Regardless, I'm going to get the car I want. My decision will not be based on where the product is made. Wherever the car comes from, the local dealer will benefit from the sale and service.

I'd actually prefer not to support some of the lazy union workers that benefit from big 3 car sales. However, that doesn't come into my decision either. It's my money, and I'm going to get the car I want. It would take too much time to try and figure out what items I buy are most American. I probably have very little truly American made items, and that's ok. I still spend a bunch of money, and Americans are still benefiting.
While I try to do as much "Made in the USA" as possible, I have to admit this is very refreshing to hear. I would be willing to wager you are a very happy and content person in life.

#93 ·
If one is purchasing a product to support this country, they have to ask the question what is better:

Company A based here who outsources to other countries but pays taxes to our system on their profit (keep in mind loop holes in our tax system for corp taxes).

Company B who employs US citizens, pays property taxes, builds with American components, pays utilites bills, but profits (if any) go overseas.

I don't know the answer, but am willing to bet that payroll, rent (mortgage), utiilities, maintenance on equipment, and all other expenses that stay here are a higher dollar amount than profit would be. Especially considering the Big 3 profits the past decade.

Disclaimer: I do drive Chevy trucks only, I have two one made in Canada, one made here. my older one has 140k and has never had anything go bad. Just maintenance. My wifes accord has 130k, made in Ohio, and has had 1 tranny, motor mounts twice, and different sensors go out. She drives like an old lady too. Daughter's Civic made here has 40k and has needed motor mounts. Wife's next car will be a Chevy because of quality, Probably the Cruz made in Lordstown Ohio where i have family.

#94 ·
Johnny - Your show is great. I have learned a lot from it and watch it every week. Thank you!
IMO - the commercial is funny. People really need to pull the panties up and worry about other stuff.

Morefish - the Cruz is a good car. My last rental car was a cruz, drive great and GREAT Gas mileage.

Re: cars made and assembled in America, I am all for supporting our country and keeping people in the US at work, However I also want a reliable car that I will not have to take into the shop for repairs. I have a Ford escape, built in the US and assembled in Ala *if I remember correctly. It has 20K miles on it - I took it in for an oil change and tire rotation and left. Half way home - I had to take it back due to brakes making noise - turns out they had to replace the pads. I know this could have been a fluke, however it makes me wonder what I am in for down the road.

IMO - Even though I am favoring a Ford - when it is time to buy a truck I am going to research and test drive a lot of trucks and I am going to buy the most reliable one, regardless of what kind it is. Of course I will do my best to buy american and as stated above, I am all for buying all American, however I am also all for putting food on the table and taking care of my family. Dropping a grand or more for unexpected repairs can put a damper on that.

#96 ·
I had a Cisco SOHO router, poor thing picked up a virus. I called tech support. I was routed to India, I said I need to talk to some one that can speek english. I was shit out of luck, so I hung up. Called again and requested an english speaking agent, routed to some jack off in Australia, he was a know it all, and I hung up. He didn't know jack shit. My next call was routed to Mexico, since my spanglish is fair , I could understand him. I had to stand by for a week to get government aproval for my new softwear. HP all in one went down, called tech, got a hotty in Canada, she was a clogger and her father was a Piper. And lets not talk about BofA, all that motgage shit when to India.

By the way, I'm shopping for a new graph. I see that Lowrance imports most of their stuff. Himminbird is made hear.

#97 ·
the show is great. i have been getting the whole family hooked on it. everyone here would make the same commercial if they could fish for a living. i know i would. some people are too uptight about stuff. just let people do what they gotta do and worry about your own lives.

plus the show is great and gives alot of tips for local fisherman. wish there was more about waters i fish on every week.

#98 ·
FYI....for the few of you who have reported that when GM closed the proving grounds in Mesa that they moved it to Mexico....that is 100% false....They moved it to Yuma...I know first hand, as I was contracted to move about 60 truckloads of equipment for them....

I do believe they may have a proving grounds in Mexico (as other parts of the world I'm sure)....but they did not move the Mesa one there....

RM

#99 ·
FYI....for the few of you who have reported that when GM closed the proving grounds in Mesa that they moved it to Mexico....that is 100% false....They moved it to Yuma...I know first hand, as I was contracted to move about 60 truckloads of equipment for them....

I do believe they may have a proving grounds in Mexico (as other parts of the world I'm sure)....but they did not move the Mesa one there....

RM
Yuma was the first leg of a 2 part move. :biggrin:

#100 ·
Also, remember that assembly plants and manufacturers are different things....your truck from Shreveport has parts that were "manufactured" from all over the globe....Just saying!

The world has changed....its a global market....Buy what you like....Just "buy" and you will be helping the US Economy

RM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.