Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

February 2012 - Yuma Pro Am

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Bob La Londe 
#1 ·
As always. Do not reply directly to this post. If you need to contact me please call (928) 580-1270 (my cell) or email directly to bob (at) yumaproam (dot) com.

First off lets thank those companies who support our community, our sport, and our club:

WON Bass
Eagle Claw
Preferred Plastics
Goin' Fishin' Productions Guide Service
Lake Fork Custom Lures
Bass Assassin
TTI- Blakemore
Taipan Custom Rods
Cactus Kids Pediatrics
King Cobra Tackle Co
Yuma Tackle Co
The Security Consultant
Pepsi Cola of Yuma
Stanley
Fisher's Landing
Sonora Nissan

Club Ruling on Alabama Rigs:
Alabama rigs are limited Arizona Rules - two lures with hooks. A lure is the item at the end of one of the arms whether permanently attached or removable. A lure is further defined as an artificial bait designed and intended to catch one fish.

Because Arizona and California have conflicting rules in some regards Arizona rules will prevail except that you can not break "any rules" on the river. If fishing in California waters be aware of any California rules that may be more restrictive than Arizona rules.

The Angler's of The Year were announced at the BBQ on January 28th.

Craig Johnson is the 2011 pro angler of the year.
Allen Hook is the 2011 amateur angler of the year.

The top five pro finishers for 2011 were:
1 Johnson, Craig
2 Reeder, Ed
3 La Londe, Bob
4 Hook, Ted
5 McDermott, Mac

The top five amateur finishers for 2011 were:
1 Hook, Allen
2 Johnson, Rick
3 Cogswell, Shawn
4 Wathen, Will
5 Herndon, Brandon

Mittry Lake was a decent venue for the club BBQ and will probably be used again for the next one. A special thanks goes out to John Gleeson and his wife who stayed to the very end to help get everything loaded and safely back on the road. Also a big thanks to Bill Rose who helped load up before the BBQ, and who helped run a few errands and take care of details they day of. Also an extra special thanks to my wife, Dr Patti Perry (Cactus Kids Pediatrics) who made (and donated) the beans and coleslaw and helped serve.

The January Results
Alvin Hatton & Brad Wallace nailed down first place.
2nd place Pro fishing solo was Billy Skinner
3rd/2nd (and first out of the money) were Scott Nigh and Bill Rose
Big bass went to Bob La Londe at 4.5 pounds caught on a crankbait.

ON-LINE SIGNUP

The on-line signup is working. A few anglers are reporting some problems, but many are successfully signing up on-line using the PayPal interface added to the website. Remember that signup is now open from the 1st of the month, and you can signup on-line anytime from the first until the draw.

For those who just can't make the on-line payment work for them you can mail checks made out to Yuma Pro Am to me directly. Make sure you mail early. If it doesn't arrive on time it doesn't count. Please do not hand carry checks to my house. Some members are already sign up for February.

The mailing address is on the contact page of the club website.

Last minute signups will be accepted right up to draw time during the draw
meetings at Baron Fuels.

February signup is open from the 1st (NOW) through the draw at 6:15 at Baron Fuels on the 25th. We will be launching out of Fisher's Landing on the 26th. Sunrise will be about 7:25 AM so you should be in the water ready to go well before 7:00. We will have coffee and donuts on the ramp when I get there. Probably sometime between 6:00 and 6:30. Weigh in time will be announced on the water in the morning.

Tournament Director
Bob La Londe
www.YumaProAm.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.