Active Duty AF at luke - AZBZ Forums

Arizona Bass Zone

August 14th, 2020     05:59 PM   

Home Forums List of Advertisers Tourny Schedule
Go Back   AZBZ Forums > Fishing Chat > Military Backseat program

Old January 3rd, 2015, 08:14 AM   #1
brgbassmaster

Active Duty AF at luke

Hello everyone 8 years active duty. Just moved here from Guam. Currently stationed out at luke. Originally from Michigan but have been stationed in the west before. Only thing i haven't picked up out west yet is this weird thing called a "dropshot" lol I'm used to flipping and pitching and power fishing. That even worked in new mexico. But i love to bass fish been doing it just about all my life whether tournaments or fun fishing. But we got here in November. Im ready to be bass fishing. All our stuff came in finally. But if anyone ever has a backseat I'm willing to pay half for gas and whatever else. Ill be available starting in mid january. Thanks everyone.
brgbassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:02 AM   #2
taggart_lumpy

Outdoor rec has some decent bass trackers you can rent on base. They don't get used much this time of year.
taggart_lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:30 AM   #3
brgbassmaster

Ya i saw all those. Only thing is we sold our truck before moving back stateside. So kinda outta luck there won't be towing with the civic.
brgbassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 11:36 AM   #4
R61

If you can fish on Mondays let me know i always have a backseat open
R61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2015, 06:38 PM   #5
Bigmouth

get on google earth look south of the base until you find water, you can flip all day long.
Bigmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 01:48 PM   #6
RedRanger

Check out midweekbassaz.com
RedRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 04:44 PM   #7
fishingfox

I usually fish Saguaro on Wednesdays, but I am retired and can fish any lake any day but weekends. I don't do tournaments and primarily do large swim baits. Lots of goose eggs, but the ones I catch are worth the effort.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

Ed
fishingfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 09:52 PM   #8
Delw

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgbassmaster View Post
Hello everyone 8 years active duty. Just moved here from Guam. Currently stationed out at luke. Originally from Michigan but have been stationed in the west before. Only thing i haven't picked up out west yet is this weird thing called a "dropshot" lol I'm used to flipping and pitching and power fishing. That even worked in new mexico. But i love to bass fish been doing it just about all my life whether tournaments or fun fishing. But we got here in November. Im ready to be bass fishing. All our stuff came in finally. But if anyone ever has a backseat I'm willing to pay half for gas and whatever else. Ill be available starting in mid january. Thanks everyone.
Hey you made it to Az, Cool
one of these clowns will hook up with ya.

ya ever want to go hunting let me know.
moms heading back to guam next year with her friend she said.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

@#muskielivesmatter
@#bullsharklivesmattermore
Delw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 08:02 AM   #9
afbond03

I am also at Luke and after owning a Kayak for a few years and just recently getting stationed here from WY I am looking to start Kayak fishing. Base Outdoor Rec. has some kayak's for rent if you ever want to give it a try let me know. Not to familiar with many places to go around here yet though.
afbond03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2015, 03:42 AM   #10
Begather

Quote:
Originally Posted by afbond03 View Post
I am also at Luke and after owning a Kayak for a few years and just recently getting stationed here from WY I am looking to start Kayak fishing. Base Outdoor Rec. has some kayak's for rent if you ever want to give it a try let me know. Not to familiar with many places to go around here yet though.
What are the basics of Kayak Fishing?
Begather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2015, 10:04 PM   #11
marble man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Begather View Post
What are the basics of Kayak Fishing?
I would say most important basics are to be safe, use common sense and have fun.

As you do it more you'll figure it out. It's not hard. Just make sure you can be seen, and always wear your PFD while on the water, use rod leashes or rod floats, and travel lite.
Just my two cents.
marble man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2015, 06:10 AM   #12
marble man

Here's a site that has lots of good information about kayak fishing. http://www.yakangler.com/tournaments...ee5b-102134901
marble man is offline   Reply With Quote