Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting for a friend. He ran out of gas and now the truck won't even turn over. He thinks running out of fuel tripped a code that shut down the electrical system. Anyone have any ideas or have had this problem before? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,745 Posts

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Yes, I had the same issue on a vehicle i owned and that is exactly what happened. Sorry though i cant remember what they said to do to fix it. Look online there might be something on there about it. The one thing you might have him try is disconnecting the batteries to reset everything and then re-try.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Yes, I had the same issue on a vehicle i owned and that is exactly what happened. Sorry though i cant remember what they said to do to fix it. Look online there might be something on there about it. The one thing you might have him try is disconnecting the batteries to reset everything and then re-try.
try the battery disconnect if it is an error code that "should" work. leave it disconnected for a minute or two. then retry.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
From the Automotive Forums Website (Excellent site by the way for automotive questions).

I have an 03 Yukon XL and the same thing happened to me. I ran out of gas, and when I tried to start, it wouldnt. I got it towed to my mech. He had me crank the engine while he banged on the gas tank with a rubber mallet. It started right away. He said the pump gets stuck if ran dry. I had him replace my fuel filter(was very dirty)while he had my truck. Picked up my truck and right away it started stalling. It was very sluggish and unresponsive unless I held my foot on the gas. Drove back to mech (stalled about 3 times before I got there). Said I had to replace my fuel pump. Before he did, he checked my throttle body and it was very dirty. He cleaned it and now it runs fine. In short, check your throttle body, make sure it is clean.

·
Registered
68 Posts
if its gas you might have burnt up the fuel pump...happend to my dads 2005 2500hd

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Posting for a friend. He ran out of gas and now the truck won't even turn over. He thinks running out of fuel tripped a code that shut down the electrical system. Anyone have any ideas or have had this problem before? Thanks in advance.
ya but in his post he said the vehicle "wont even turn over"
+1

I guess no one pays attention to the details :Iconrotfl

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I was driving an 03 silverado, I ran it out of gas once, did the same exact thing. I was worried it was the fuel pump but it ended up being a blown fuse, so that might be the problem.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank for the suggestions. I can't get a hold of him right now and would like to know if disconnecting the battery did the trick. Oh, it is gas and my first thought was fuel pump as that is an issue common to GM's. But he had nothing as far as electrical so fuel pump isn't an issue, yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts