Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 12 yr old wants to join some Bass tournaments. He makes his owne flies etc. He is willing to learn. He would like to go to Bill Luke Big Bass Days and join a tournament but needs someone to sponsor him who is a paid adult. My husband and i like to fish for the fun of it. So we were not going to enter. Is there someone who would meet us there and teach Bret? We are from PA where he could fish right out of our creek in the back yard. This is all new to us here.
Thanks.
Connie & Bret

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ConnieNBret? Hi. I'm moving your post to the fishing chat board where I hope it will get more attention.

d a

·
Registered
911 Posts
Connie, I don't know how much support you will get from this site on Bill Luke BBD. If you do a search, you will find a lot of folks against it. As for the opportunity for your son to learn something, you couldn't have come to a better place. There is a ton of knowledge in the minds on this site. And most are willing to share it, even if you don't want it. I also don't know of a lot of opportunities for someone that young to enter tourneys on a regular basis.

By the way, what part of PA?

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Connie & Bret, the Phoenix Bassmasters bass club has a Jr. Bassmaster club just for kids like Bret. They have four tournament a year, March 20, May 22, September 11, and October 16th, all on lake Pleasant. The person you need to contact is Paul Archer at 602-971-2819. You need to call him soon there is limited boats. Tell him Jamie told you to call him. Hope this will get him on the water.

Jamie

·
Registered
69 Posts
welcome aboard connie & bret
these ppl.. on this site are just the best group i have ever came across on the net
bret dont give up on finding a club for you i have know idea on any clubs for joinors but im sure you will get help here
admin i hope she can find this post after you moved it on her :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
youth event

i also will be hosting a youth fishing tournament on April 10, 2004 and lake pleasant. email me at [email protected] for more details, or just ask Del or boatcop about it. thanks,

hope to see you guys there.

rich

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Rick tahts coming around fast I love it ... cant wait.

Delw

·
Registered
330 Posts
Anglers United "Just For Kids"

Anglers United will be sponsoring our 11th annual "Just For Kids" fishing day at Kiwanis Park, Tempe, March 20, 2004, 7AM-2PM.
Kids up to 8th Grade can register for a "Goodie Bag" and a free Raffle with lots of great prizes. Other family members and friends can sign up with AZ Game & Fish and fish without a Urban license during the Festival hours.

We are also looking for volunteers to help the kids catch fish and help them with any problems. You can work any hours that you are available. We also can use some help Friday afternoon, March 19th, putting up the cook tent and other display tents, and Friday evening, filling "Goodie Bags". Free Pizza and beverages afterward. Yes, we have a permit.

We are also looking for new members for our committee. We will be meeting every Wednesday evening until the event, 6:30 PM, Holiday Inn, back of the resturant, Rural & Apache, Tempe. Free beverages and snacks. Come down and check us out.
The money raised is used for fish habitat projects around the state.
Call 480-946-5975 or [email protected] for info. Jerry Nelson

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fishing clubs where kids can participate

Lawman's Bass Club will allow those who wish to fish of any age to participate. If he has a boater (dad?) we will allow you to fish a tournament as a guest team for a reduced price. If you wish to fish our remaining 10 tournaments, you would have to join (for insurance purposes). Our membership is $30 a year and you can fish for as little as $20 per team per month. If you would like more info, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] I am the president of the club and we would love to have you fish with us. Rich, who posted earlier in this post, fishes with his 7 year old daughter. He would love for you to attend his fishing for kids day at Pleasant later this spring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.