Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Plez Wed afternoon.... Found out I suk,,,,My fishing at Plez sucks.:lol: But........... My first visit to The Hook-Up WOW!!! If you haven't checked it out than you are missing out on the best Tackle store in Az. Great Selection, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly staff. I was checking out some Kaneon sunglasses, had 3 pair and wanted to check them out outside in the light, told employee that "I would leave my wallet and my fishing partner in store as security":Iconrotfl his response "Take all out side in the light and compare. I trust you" No other store would make this statement "Take $600.00 worth of glasses out and check them out. This business needs to be supported!!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
yeah; car battery died across the street from a service station in CA. After I realized my battery booster would not work, I went in and asked the guy for a jump; he said he was busy for another couple hours. I said, ok, do you have a booster I could borrow. he said, I do but I can't let you borrow it. I told him I would leave my credit card with him and be back in 5 minutes. He agreed after a bit of a fit and my telling him, look, I have my 3 and 5 year old, stuck in my car with damn homeless people hovering around asking me for money; charge my card if I am not back in 5 minutes, but would you please let me borrow this so I can get my kids out of there? he finally agreed, I dropped it off, got my credit card back and went down the street to buy the new battery...

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
yeah; car battery died across the street from a service station in CA. After I realized my battery booster would not work, I went in and asked the guy for a jump; he said he was busy for another couple hours. I said, ok, do you have a booster I could borrow. he said, I do but I can't let you borrow it. I told him I would leave my credit card with him and be back in 5 minutes. He agreed after a bit of a fit and my telling him, look, I have my 3 and 5 year old, stuck in my car with damn homeless people hovering around asking me for money; charge my card if I am not back in 5 minutes, but would you please let me borrow this so I can get my kids out of there? he finally agreed, I dropped it off, got my credit card back and went down the street to buy the new battery...

sorry about your misfortune, and YES the Hook-Up is THE best tackle store in the valley,along with some of the best guys running it , but WTF does this story have to do with the Hook-UP? Oh well good luck at Pleasant

1 - 9 of 9 Posts