Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After visiting with John New of the Hook Up Outfitters, we have decided to hold our 2008 youth event October 4th at Pleasant. We will launch at safelight and weigh in at 1100. We have two age groups: 11-under and 12-15. We provide breakfast pastries, juice, and coffee in the morning, followed by hamburgers and hot dogs at lunch. We should have a couple of the big inflatables out there as well, like in years past. One will be some sort of a water slide.

Those who are not familiar with the event, here is how it goes: Kids sign up and are paired with volunteer boaters. They spend 4-5 hours on the water with teh volunteer. They come to a drive through weigh in and we take lots of photos for all. We provide a valet system for our volunteer boaters.

Those who have kids and a boat, we encourage you to come out and fish with your kids. Those with kids and no boat, contact me via email at [email protected] and we will get you paired. Those with a boat and want to volunteer, email or call me so we can get you on the schedule. Questions, please email or call as I never know when I will be at my desk. Thanks for your past and continued support of this event. Nummie and Ringer you guys available this date? It will not be the same if you guys are not there Friday night for setup:)

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
Ah I see it is a new French word for donuts...pastries. Just make mine Krispy Kreme jelly filled.

OK but it was not a very good example last year for those kids to fish with an old man with a very bad hangover. Maybe no Patron this time.
I could hear it now...gee mister did you fart or was that your breath? And Nummie says don't worry kid with him they are one in the same :eek:

I will try and make it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, good to see our usual crowd and some new players will be involved. I plan to promote this one big time. Should be a big tournout. I hope we get enough volunteer boaters.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys. I am not smart enought to figure out how to attach stuff. Dan, we never have enough volunteers, buddhabelly, i think you emialed me too, but we have never turned a kid away. we always find a way to make it happen.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Rich,
Let me see what I can round up for donations. you think around 300 head count? Are you doing raffles?? I'll call you soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts