Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the forms for the 2009 BHCC. Please read both forms as they should answer any questions you have. If you need more help, send me a PM.

Remember, for non-AZCA members the group site will be open at 3pm on Friday 10-9-09. Please do not show up any earlier or you may be asked to leave. Also if your group is small please do not take one of the larger camp sites. Several people will be bringing RV's and will need them.

This is a private event for members of the AZCA and the bass zone. Friends and family are welcome but each group must have a registered member on the bass zone in it.

For those of you that have never attended an AZCA event, I promise a good time for all. Just ask the folks that have been to one. You don't have to camp with us to be in the fishing derby, just come up for Saturday and fish.

I look forward to seeing you at the 2009 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Oh ya its that time of the year agin, mother nature's turning down the temps. The crappie should start schooling-up. Nothing but good times. Now if the crappie gods will just be on our side. See ya all there.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Gonna be a busy time at the lake that weekend. The BIG BASS Tourney is that weekend also. I think they are also out of grapevine.

Hope to make it out to check out things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Bill and Members ,

When do you turn in the entry form? Friday or Saturday? I want to attend the meeting as well so I can join this motley crew!

Thanks,

Travis

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Bill and Members ,

When do you turn in the entry form? Friday or Saturday? I want to attend the meeting as well so I can join this motley crew!

Thanks,

Travis
We'd love to have you brother. When you get there check in with our event director John Weber.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
What is the time frame for Saturday, sign-in, take off, weigh-in, ect.?.....Art

2009 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic
October 10th, 2009 at Grapevine, Roosevelt Lake, AZ.
Rules:[/FONT]
1) Entries will be taken along with a boat/ live well inspection between 6:30 am and 8 am at the Grapevine Recreation Area, Goose Loop. Once entered teams may leave the loop, launch and begin fishing any time after 7:30am.

2) Heaviest bags of 7 Crappie per team win, you can keep all the fish you want but you can only weigh in 7.

3) 4 pole limit per team, you can have up to 4 people on your team but only 4 poles in the water at a time. One team per boat.

4) Hook and line, live bait and trolling are permitted.

5) A side pot of $40 per team (exact change, cash only), will be offered. Side pot money is not necessary to fish in the BHCC, only to win prizes and must be in when you enter.

6) 1st place wins 50% of the “side pot”, 2nd place wins 30%, 3rd wins 20%. Only those in on this side pot can win money.

7) $20 per team BIG CRAPPIE “option” (exact change, cash only). Option money must in when you enter. The heaviest crappie wins the “option”. Only those in on the “option” can win this money.

8) Weigh in is at 3:30pm at the Grapevine Goose Loop. When you arrive you must have your fish ready to weigh and check in with the event director.

9) There is a one pound penalty for each 5 minute period you are late for weigh in. Any team that arrives at the group site after 3:50pm can not weigh in fish. All teams in on the “side pot” and/ or “option” must be at weigh in by 3:50pm to claim any prizes.

10) Following the weigh in, we will have an AZCA meeting and a big ole fish fry! All are welcome. Please bring a side dish.

11) This is a private event for members of the Arizona Crappie Association and AZbasszone, friends and family only. It is not open to the public. Each team must have at least one registered member of the AZCA or AZBZ on it.

12) This event does not include parking or camping fees. Everyone is responsible for buying their own appropriate pass. If you camp with us at the group site you will be given a parking pass once you pay to camp. See camping form.

13) All laws of Arizona, Game & Fish and the Tonto National Forest must be followed. Failure to comply with all laws and the rules of the event will result in a forfeit of any money paid and disqualification from the event.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Billy, isn't big bass days going out of windy hill?? BPS is a sponsor?

still trying to get organized to go

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Billy, isn't big bass days going out of windy hill?? BPS is a sponsor?

still trying to get organized to go
Yes and yes. It won't mean squawdouche to us. This year's SCF was the same weekend as the FLW and we weren't bothered at all.

Please remember that the Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic is not a tournament. It is a celebration of Arizona’s great outdoors and what Bob did to impact and promote our sport. The side pot is exactly that and is not necessary to take part in the fun.

Beside, the BHCC weekend is much more than fishing. It’s also a great weekend of camping with some great people and an official AZCA meeting. And don’t forget the fish fry!

·
2 FACED Spammer
1,564 Posts
I'm curious, a buddie of mine in cali thinks he's the best crappie fisherman in the world. When is the next tournament being held out here?

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right now it looks like Spring Crappie Fest will be on 4-17-10. It will be posted for sure by new years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts