Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I've got two of the 2013 model LegendXtreme in the Spinning rods. One was a replacement for a 2012 model that I broke. At first I was kind of upset because the old one had the recoil guides and the 2013 did not. The 2013 also lost the cork and was replaced with a black neoprene handle.

After using it I do like it, they are very light and sensitive. I then upgraded a LTB rod for the other 2013 Legend Xtreme. To be honest with you I think the 2012 model was just as good if not better due to the recoil guides.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got two of the 2013 model LegendXtreme in the Spinning rods. One was a replacement for a 2012 model that I broke. At first I was kind of upset because the old one had the recoil guides and the 2013 did not. The 2013 also lost the cork and was replaced with a black neoprene handle.

After using it I do like it, they are very light and sensitive. I then upgraded a LTB rod for the other 2013 Legend Xtreme. To be honest with you I think the 2012 model was just as good if not better due to the recoil guides.
Ranger,
How would you rate the sensitivity. I'm thinking about buying a LXS68MXF.
Do you think the new handle material has hurt the sensitivity any?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
The sensitivity is great the way it is made with the split grip my fingers lay on the blank and I can feel everything. I'm in Mesa if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Ranger,
How would you rate the sensitivity. I'm thinking about buying a LXS68MXF.
Do you think the new handle material has hurt the sensitivity any?
I have that exact rod except mine is casting... Can't beat it for finessing. Mine is the last years model with the concept guides and cork though. Wouldn't trade it for anything, it's that nice...

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I agree. I had a last years model spinnnig rod and broke it. St. Croix replaced it with a 2013 model. It's nice but I like last years model better.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I bought a LXS68MXF and was very surprised. After some careful testing I found that it was actually less sensitive that a Shimano Compre and considerably less sensitive that a Loomis GLX or Dobyns Champion Extreme. The rod was also heavy in comparison to most top end rods and it was extremely tip heavy. I did find that the action was exactly as listed. I fished it once just to make a final decision. I simply hated it - its gone!

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
Well I bought a LXS68MXF and was very surprised. After some careful testing I found that it was actually less sensitive that a Shimano Compre and considerably less sensitive that a Loomis GLX or Dobyns Champion Extreme. The rod was also heavy in comparison to most top end rods and it was extremely tip heavy. I did find that the action was exactly as listed. I fished it once just to make a final decision. I simply hated it - its gone!
Thats strange, the Legend Extremes I own are just as light if not lighter...

St. Criox rods are "true to action"

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
That is very odd every legend elite I have is just as light or lighter than any gloomis i have and very sensitive

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined this site (after a google of Legend Extreme neoprene handles). Considering getting the LE68MXF for snap jigging walleyes. Good rods, I have 2 Elites already. The only thing holding me up is the handle. It is very comfortable. Rods now are getting the split-grip look (since cost of cork had more than tripled due to the cork shortage). The Extreme handle is shaped as a split-grip. Just wondering how the that new neoprene handle holds up over time as far as possible wear, deteriorate. etc..?? Comments appreciated.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Nothing odd about any of it. What feels sensitive to one might not feel the same to others. It's more imprtant to find what works for your feel than what works for someone else.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just joined this site (after a google of Legend Extreme neoprene handles). Considering getting the LE68MXF for snap jigging walleyes. Good rods, I have 2 Elites already. The only thing holding me up is the handle. It is very comfortable. Rods now are getting the split-grip look (since cost of cork had more than tripled due to the cork shortage). The Extreme handle is shaped as a split-grip. Just wondering how the that new neoprene handle holds up over time as far as possible wear, deteriorate. etc..?? Comments appreciated.
It seems very comfortable but I have read comments about it getting sticky in hot weather. Although St.Croix claims it does not dampen the sensitivity I believe that it does.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I did the cell phone vibration test and the LE came in third behind the GLX and Dobyns.
And what did you use to measure the vibration to come up with your results?
We visited the St. Criox booth last week in Tulsa and their Rep said the re-coils had to many issues unless you like walking on your rods, the new guides for 2013 are more sensitive. And the new split grips are not for a less cost factor but puts your fingers right on the the blank for more feel. As far as the neoprene handles, other rods I have with the neo handles do not get sticky if kept clean and are very comfortable to me, and are very easy to keep clean.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And what did you use to measure the vibration to come up with your results?
We visited the St. Criox booth last week in Tulsa and their Rep said the re-coils had to many issues unless you like walking on your rods, the new guides for 2013 are more sensitive. And the new split grips are not for a less cost factor but puts your fingers right on the the blank for more feel. As far as the neoprene handles, other rods I have with the neo handles do not get sticky if kept clean and are very comfortable to me, and are very easy to keep clean.
Distance variation and feel. The handle skins they are using is not neoprene.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts