Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I guess you have heard or seen something about the Roosevelt storm and flood. They showed a segment on News Channel 3 yesterday that showed a house that was damaged and a half buried camero down the sand wash. The Camero belonged to a friend of mine. They did not show his house as he wasn't there to show them around what was left of it. He was in Phoenix at the hospital with his wife. She had a heart attack!! A wall of water hit their house tearing a wall off. They ran to the back room and braced the door but the water kept rising. Had they tried to get out of the house they would have been swept away down the wash. Eventually the water did go down some and they were rescued and his wife was flown to Phoenix. Here is the killer, the insurance they have isn't going to cover it. Neither of them is working as they are on disability, so they have a small fixed income. Their daughter called me tonight and asked me to announce on my show tomorrow that an account has been opened in their name at Bank Of America. The number is 4655085175. The name is Tom Baker, some of you may remember fishing against him in tournaments. They need all the help they can get. I know there are some great people on this board. So please pass this along anyway you can. Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm in! I'll find a B.O.A. in my area tomorrow where I work. I 'll send a prayer for a quick recovery.
Find a place in your heart where you can donate time, treasure, and talent. Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey F Fever, could you send me your e-mail addy all i can remember of it is something ( attheriver) lol. You can reach me at ( [email protected] ) thank you very much. ps. you put on a great show in the morning at times you make me jealous.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NC just got back from Mead again. Should just rent a place up there. I have not been able to get ahold of the daughter to get an update. No one has been home to answer the phone. Will try again today and let you know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update fisherman in need

Finally got a hold of Tom. His wife is doing better after some angioplasty and is staying with a daughter in Phx. The house is a complete loss water ran in one end taking out a wall and went all through the house finally breaking out the arcadia doors on the other end. The daughter has the account set up in his name but he hasn't checked to see whats in it yet. He has been going back and forth between Chandler and Roosevelt. He needs any help we can give him. I know its minor to some folks but we should know how he feels. He LOST ALL HIS FISHING GEAR :shock: 17 rods and reels and tackle. He had taken them out of his boat and had them stored in the room that the wall got washed away. I know we can help out on this. Well got to head to work but will keep you updated Thanks FF

1 - 11 of 11 Posts