Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back today from a 2-day tuna trip out of san diego. I went with a buddy of mine and his family. We were on The Bright and Morning Star out of H and M landing. All I have to say is that i am absolutely hooked on fishing for pelagics in saltwater! It was the best fishing trip that I have ever been on by far. I caught 13 fish over 2 days. The first day I caught 5 Albacore up to 38 pounds and 4 skipjack to 20 pounds. I also won the jackpot for saturday with my big albacore which netted me $290. :biggrin: Then Sunday I caught 2 yellowtail and 2 yellowfin tuna to 25 pounds. I have never experienced anything like a live bait getting slammed by a tuna and having it smoke line off your reel before you even set the hook. If any of you haven't done this you need to. I'm posting the pic of the jackpot fish and I will post more when i get them from my buddy with the camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
That's freak'n awesome! Thanks for sharing your report..

·
Registered
611 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. What does an expedition like that cost if you don't mind my asking?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Good Job on that fish.. Do you work for Core Construction? Seth was my neighbor in Cave Creek before he moved to Vegas. We do alot of work with Core

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, I caught that fish on bait. I think the fins broke off while it was in my bag kicking around.

Tuscon, That trip cost me about 600 buck out the door including my roundtrip flight, tips, fish cleaning etc.

Rajuncajun91, I work for Urban Energy Solutions which is an electrical contractor that Core merged with last december. What company do you work for?

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Tough to beat those saltwater fish. I love it when you have drag going out the back and your fish is somewhere in the front...fast mofo's

·
Registered
619 Posts
nice fish, congrats on the win

·
Registered
234 Posts
Way to go man!! Blue water fishing is a total adrenaline rush!!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Nice job!

Yellow tail are some of the best eating fish out there! I was a deck hand in high school and loved the yellow tail trips. Good stuff!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts