Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fishing Erie this weekend from the bank (had a freakin BLAST!), I really think I can fish better, from the bank. Kinda sad.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Could be, very little pressure on the great lakes for bass. Walleye and Salmon are the targeted species.

·
Registered
410 Posts
we fish of the bank we want a boat. we get a boat we fish to the bank. What's up with that?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Yeah, but the bank you were fishing looked pretty prime. You may have done well from the bank, but you would have tore it up from a boat.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Could be because you are using a presentation that a lot of people forget about when in a boat.Fishing uphill,Fishing uphill means that your boat is positioned near the bank/shoreline and you are casting out into deeper water, this can be great technique in the spring/summer especially on slow days.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Senkos got 90% of the fish, and they are much easier to fish from the shore. Go to the hook up, and ask for their special senko. That thing is the bomb. The area I did best in would be hard to fish from a boat since they were docks with big boats on them. Made me realize I need to slow the hell down when I fish docks from my boat.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
maybe you did something totally awesome like help somebody in need and didn't think two thoughts about it early on in the week. the big guy upstairs paid you back with a good time on the bank!

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didnt do any good deeds, Im just a stud with a senko and the fishing up there is SICK! :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I didnt do any good deeds, Im just a stud with a senko and the fishing up there is SICK! :)
I bet you did a good deed. Probably saw some little old lady fightin' with some dude that was trying to take her purse..... so you ran up and clubbed her from behind to help the guy out. :biggrin:

Glad ya whacked 'em.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Every time I go back to the midwest and throw a senko, it's like the fish have never seen it before. It's like when I first started throwing them in '01(?).

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my wife caught just about everything on a 3" senko.... perch, crappie, rock bass and LM. I stayed with the 5". I left those red shorts at home though, but I have a new annoying pair which I will showcase next time I catch a good fish!

·
Registered
502 Posts
When you fish the bank you see how far you can cast out. In a boat you see how close you can cast to shore. Ironic isn't it? My favorite fishing is from the banks on ponds that you can walk all the way around.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not always true. back in the day, fishing from the bank, casting parallel sometimes worked better. same now in the boat, I love offshore stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts