Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
y brother, son and I were at the Crossroads Gun Show at Mesa Centennial Hall this morning and got the $-it scared out of us. While browsing a table a gunshot went off in the southwest corner of the hall (very loud in a closed room). Everybody went quiet and then the call for a medic or doctor. Not sure what happened. Some lady was hit in the neck. Some said she was "just" grazed and that she was talking. I bought my stuff and we headed out of the building. They weren't letting anyone else in and anyone who left would not be allowed back in. Cop cars, fire trucks in the parking lot. Someone outside said a guy in a red shirt was seen running out of the building. We saw an old man in a red T-shirt being attended to outside by the Mesa Fire Department so don't know what that was about. Anyways it should be on the evening news as we saw the news vans pulling in as we were leaving. Hope the lady will ok.

Now watch the media run with this one about guns and gun shows.

·
Registered
266 Posts
http://www.abc15.com/content/news/s...pon-fires-at-Mesa/Adu5UVs1wUybPmIne4ifpw.cspx

MESA, AZ -- Police say a woman and little girl were injured Saturday when a gun accidentally fired at a Mesa gun show.

"I was two rows away, we heard the gun go off and everybody just kind of stopped," said Mike Todd, a gun show regular. "It could've been much worse."

It happened just before noon at the Mesa Convention Center, near Center and Main streets.

Police told ABC15 that a dealer brought a loaded handgun into the convention center and placed it under a table.

Someone later pulled the trigger of the gun. The bullet apparently hit the wooded butt of a rifle then went through a side door made of metal.

A woman was hit in the neck along with a little girl. Both were taken to the hospital as a precaution.

"We think the woman was hit with some shrapnel in the neck," said Detective Mike Melendez of the Mesa Police Department. "The girl might have been hit from flying wood from the butt of the gun."

Police were questioning the gun dealer involved and may charge him with recklessness.

"He won't be invited back to this gun show" said Bob Templeton, who runs the gun show. "We just had a guy here who didn't think he had to follow the rules."

According to the convention center's website, it is hosting a "Crossroads of the West" gun show this weekend.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
There's no such thing as an "accidental shooting" just stupidity. Whoever's gun that was should be charged. You have a loaded weapon, you are responsible for it.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
From page 2 of the comment section on azcentral.
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2009/09/26/20090926gunshow0927.html#comments

jnicholasthomasSep-26 @ 6:16 PM Report abuse 014
Actually, my friends and I were between the table where the woman was hit on her ear, and the metal door with a large hole in it where the bullet exited. We heard the gun go off, and a woman at the booth screamed and grabbed her ear. She had blood on her arm and head but no gushing.
The really sad part is the total chaos among the show staff. It took about 2 minutes for anyone from the show to actually show up at her booth. She was screaming the whole time so it's not like no one could FIND her. Some old (inappropriate term) was running around the booth (about a 10x10 space) waving a badge (retired LEO or something) but he wasn't actually DOING anything other than running in circles. Nice response. When the staff arrived, eventually, it was the deer-in-the-headlights look. It's apparent they had ZERO training in this kind of incident.

How do I know? I was standing right there between the booth and the door with the new puncture wound. I was trapped against the wall and wasn't going to move clear until someone could confirm that they had disarmed the moron.

Eventually,about 4 minutes later, the fire department arrived. Curiously, outside that side door and about 50 feet to the right was an aid car. No one form that aid car responded. Was probably confusion at the 911 link. Fortunately the woman's injuries weren't life threatening or she could have bled out on the floor while the show staff was... well... SOMEwhere !

The bullet came from the booth on the other side of the boot where the injured woman was selling toy trains and that sort of stuff. It penetrated a rifle stock sending wood chips flying everywhere. It clipped the woman's left cheek and exited the steel door about 6 feet off the ground. Fortunately there was a concrete structure outside the door which probably terminated the bullet's flight. Otherwise it would have sailed through a crowded parking lot.

Also fortunately it didn't kill anyone. The show floor was packed. A few degrees right or left and it would have been an entirely different story. Or if the moron had discharged the weapon in the opposite direction, it would have been carnage.

Oh, yeah. The show staff would have eventually showed up there too.

There are 2 replies to this comment. Expand Collapse

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts