Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say youre cruising the bank at lake ComeonIwannalayya, and youre throwing a jerkbait at the shore. 10 minutes into it and WHAM, you stick a 2lb keeper. Cruise down a little more, and 10 more minutes, and Wham-o, annother keeper. Now, youre prefishing...what do you do? Seems like youre on a solid bite right? Now what if 45 mins go by and no more fish? Was it a fluke? Try another area that is similar? Start crying, snap all your rods and go home and kick your wife's cat? :idea: What do you think? I tend to think 3 or more fish on a certain bait/presentation and youre onto something....just wanna know what you all think.
Jason

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
No doesnt seem like your on a solid bite at all.

Bank fish are funny sometimes they will hit anything you throw at them.
Bank fish are also pretty much unpredictable, where as deep fish are predidctable. if you stick 2 deep fish then you leave cause your on fish, go the next day stick one and leave dont go back. Also dont use a hook.

If you really thinks its a fluke bite then take off the hook and try it with out the hook this will not make the fish wary.

But then again sometimes your one fish everyday and come sat. you dont get bit.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
The only thing I would like to add, and totally agree with. Kick the wife's cat. Even if it didn't do anything, it probably did, but you don't know it. Sorry, I am cat biased lately.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spidey, did you get a smelly kitty present on your pillow or something? :lol:

G

·
All Baxter needs is a stuffed CAT. Let him attack it and practice while your out fishing next time. Open the door, cat comes out to kick Baxter and Baxter attacks. Problems over, you purchase the wife a fish tank with a goldfish in it and Baxter becomes KING again! As for the post, I would stay away and catch-em when it counts. If your not "prefishing" I would work it again maybe a little slower. As for the Lake---- is that a westside thing? :lol:

G

·
If it was me and I wanted to find the bite BUT I KNEW where I wanted to fish then by all means go fish in a spot that has the same features as your re: boulder size,point, maybe shallow cove,
or a deep dropoff and stick all the fish you want chances are you are fishing somebody elses water :twisted: and during tourney time it will help you :D To me when I am pre-fishing if I ever get the chance it would be like go to the lake while unloading boat check out water clarity and temp is it windy? and if so what way is the wind blowing if it is where can I find a choke point where the shad a going to be pushed into and a ( crank ) should work or is the water glassed and warm ? time to hit back of cove or rocky bank with top water and blades. In regards to your ? if you catch them on a crank or a jerkbait then you have a reaction bite . The big ? is how long do you stay with that 1 fish very so often on that jerkbait or would a steady blade work better? I have been real guilty of staying with something for to long and it makes a long ride home alot longer if you get my meaning.

gcbaitman

·
Registered
506 Posts
The fish have ESPN don't ya know!

Guaranteed you can have a pattern to produce a quality limit, saturday comes and they are gone, watching TV is what I have come to figure! If you have confidence in a spot leave them alone and then and go pattern the same type of areas for backups, believe me you will need them. Come tournament time you will ususally stil need to make adjustments, but at least you will be in the ballpark. I will tell you no more since I will be fishing the same tourney, but be prepared for changes. Good Luck!

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im ready. Pleasant get POUNDED every day. You gott ahave a few spots. Thanks fo rall your help fellas :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts