Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last minute yesterday I decided to make a trip out to Alamo last night with Christian and a buddy of mine. We were on the water by 7:30 and headed towards the dam. Pulled up on a spot that we have caught Crappie before and set out the lights. I was graphing a lot of shad about 10-15 ft down so I figured they would swarm the lights. No such luck! We fished that spot for about 2 1/2 hours and had a bunch of bluegills and 1 Crappie to show for it. The Crappie hit about 20 minutes after we put the lights out and I thought it was going to be on since I got a bite so quickly. NOTHING the rest of the time we were in that spot. We pulled up the lights about 10:00 and headed back down towards the ranger launch. We found a spot in that cove that had a good drop off next to a hump that had shad on it and set out the lights again. We fished for another hour or so and no shad came to the lights and we only caught 1 bluegill. Not to sure what's going on with the shad at Alamo but there were non existant last night. Of the lake by 11:30 and back home by 1.

Silver lining of the trip was........A beautiful night on the water with good conversation and clear skys to look at all of the stars. Maybe next time we'll actually catch some Crappie!

·
Registered
145 Posts
we had the same out come about 3 weeks ago. from what i understand the lake is over populated with bass leaving lower numbers of shad. no more catch and release for me. ill keep just about any thing legal. we also got within 20' of a huge bobcat. got some cool pics. we fished a few different spots and came up with few fish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts