Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am out this afternoon for the evening bite and most of the lake lice had departed. Actually had some cool people get off their boat and this guy wanted to talk about the Triton. He was asking questions and I am looking at the chick in the thong on his boat. Fair deal to me.

Ok, I head down to this area and while fishing the reeds I see a Heron held up on a dead tree branch. I steer the boat away from this spot and cast maybe 25 feet from this bird and as soon as the lure hit the water it start squawking and takes flight. I'm thinking it is Johnny Johnson time and sure enough I don't know if it was after my lure but this bird crashed into my fishing line and does a head plant in the lake. It got real vocal over that.

Just let the line go slack so it could get on its way and kept thinking please do not hook yourself cause you don't taste like chicken.

Wish I had that on a video.

Just tossing the sexy shad and caught a few bass, bluegill and a small channel cat. Had a bluegill follow the lure and as soon as I went to lift the lure from the water he jumped after it. Thought he was going to fly into the boat.

Then just before I am putting the Triton on the trailer this worthless POS up on the ramp is all upset and for 20 minutes every other word out of his mouth was F$$K. Not to mention he has this East coast accent and people in other boats were making fun of him. What a jackass.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Crazy Bob - would've been cool to catch that on film. What lake?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I was throwin a rattle trap at rosey a few years ago, I turned to wing it down the shoreline behind the boat for a different angle and let er rip, just then a flock of the black loons flew right through my cast and I hoked 1, took about a solid 5-8 min to get that fistey sob of that rattle trap, he was all hung up. they got some damn sharp needle claws and pretty sharp beeks.

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Just a couple weeks ago I was fishing with Rippinlips when I made a very long cast with a jerk bait. The lure landed right at the foot of a heron barely in the water. Instantly, upon splash, the bird picked it up and held it in it's mouth. Hoping he wouldn't swallow it from there I just gently pulled on it and it fell right out of his mouth. Then I burned it back to the boat. That incident could have certainly been nasty but I lucked out.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I was throwing a spinner bait at Alamo last year and just as I made a long cast a blue heron came flying by and got hung up in my line. He took a nose dive into the water. As he was trying to fly off my spinner bait got snagged on him and he almost yanked my pole outta my hand. Just as I gave him some slack he came loose and flew off. Was funny as hell.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I caught a sea gull on the foot last year in Michigan. then last friday night at Arivaca I had a damn bat get tangled up in my braid. damn line cut into the skin and he went nuts trying to chew through the line, took about 10 minutes to get him free, then we fed him to the fish.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
been a couple years ago but there was a large blue heron at roosevelt that hung out at the marina that had a large double willow leaf spinnerbait stuck in its beak, game and fish and the marina people tried to "carefully" catch it for over a month and different times to remove the spinnerbait and were never able to capture it then suddenly the bird was gone so don't know if it starved to death or finally got the bait dislodged and moved on?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I had a muskrat swim over my fly line and hook itself in the leg. Each time I got him close enough to net he became "all teeth"! My buddy Jack finally got him and was able to remove fly with his hemos.......

OTF:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts