Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a Calcutta 400 suitable for tuna 40-60? I heard you were the saltwater master..........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Calcutta is a bulletproof reel by all means. But 40 -60 lb tuna you are pushing it, unless you want to spend an hour or so landing it. If you are on a private boat or a six pack they might let you get away with it. On a open charter they will cut your line (Other anglers get irritated as you are cutting into their paid charter time). If you are targeting 40-60lb tuna here are my suggestions from least expensive to most, and this is just an opinion.

Penn Senator 113
Shimano TLD 20/40
Avet 2 speed.
Shimano Tiagra

And I am no expert, I would hope Ken would pipe in here an give an opinion also.

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
That post was from me thanx..........you probably seen my other "idiot" post in the other chat room about catching a 20 pound tuna on a flippin stick..........it was just a joke.........as for the Calcutta 400, I have caught fish in the 20 pound class, and some large yellowtail, and it was at it's limits doing that so I figured anything larger would just glaze the drag, maybe the 700, but I don't know.............I need a reel though, my "old" Daiwa ocean master 2 speed is on life support..............

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem Franklin, the 700 might cut it. I would still go with at least a 3/0 reel or larger. This is mostly a bass site, if you want to join in on saltwater discussions head over to AZOD, there is a saltwater forum there, pretty good group.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts