Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we returned safely on Sunday night after having fished 7 days with one day taken off due to high winds. Friday a front came through with gusto and we decided to have a rest day. Saturday was our last day and we only caught 4. The good news, however, was the 7-4 that Ron (Azfish1) caught on the last day. Obviously, that one made his trip to say the least.

Here are a couple of pics from the trip, Ron with his 7-4, my largest which was about 3-6 and Bob (Obewan) with a nice 4-2.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
Bob appears to be the happiest man on earth in the last photo.
Watch-it Sarge or I will send you back to Korea for Round-II. I hear another ORI is heading your way too.... :Iconrotfl

Damn Ron you pulled one out on the last day...good for you! I kept hearing Art yell get the net and that was payback! LMAO.....

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My backseaters catch big fish!

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
Where in the hell did bob learn to hang the scale in a fish. Damn boy dont you know to put it in the soft part on the side of the mouth?? Oh yeah i forgot u dont see too many fish to way!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
That last pic is cliff clavin I think.
phaz
Yea I got your mail hanging too...

Where in the hell did bob learn to hang the scale in a fish. Damn boy dont you know to put it in the soft part on the side of the mouth?? Oh yeah i forgot u dont see too many fish to way!! :biggrin:
TXHomo that is the way your momma showed me!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Nice trip Art. it is good to see that you guys caught some fish and got home safe. At least you didn't get skunked the whole time you were down there. It is nice to post a report. Good job.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Obewon.....Ranae says that your scale lies, she guessing thats about 2lbs and you do look like Cliff Clavin. I am posting this cause I didnt have the heart to tell ya:moon::Iconrotfl

Looked like you guys had fun and great catches!

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Glad to read you guys had fun fishing the famous Lake Amistad. Nice fish pics too.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My next trip is to Lake fork. Just booked a trip for May when I'll be there on business. I WILL GET A BIG FISH or go broke trying.

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
Obewon.....Ranae says that your scale lies, she guessing thats about 2lbs and you do look like Cliff Clavin. I am posting this cause I didnt have the heart to tell ya:moon::Iconrotfl

Looked like you guys had fun and great catches!
Ok I will accept that I have been called worse, hey wanna see me go postal! Now go pick on a ranger ***.....

Yea thanks Chris for stopping in that Exxon or I would still be there waiting for the TXHomo....Yea I be there and get my coffee.

·
Resident Spammer
1,907 Posts
Going Back Again To Lake Amistad...-----~~~<*))}}}}>><{{

I had to wait until the eleventh hour before I was able to hook up with a nice fish. I have to attribute it to the superior boat positioning of my fishing partner Art Pulis. I was Strolling a Carolina Rig with 15 pound P-Line Floroclear Line with a 1/2 oz. Rattlin No-Snag weight, 6 1/2 foot leader (15 pound P-Line Floroclear Line) tied to a Gamakatsu 4/0 Super Line Hook EWG. The bait of the week was a ZOOM 8" Magnum Lizard in the Watermelon Red Color. Yum Zellamanders in 5' and 7" with Watermelon Red Flake worked earlier in the week casting towards the shore lines and mid-lake humps. Art and I were fishing a area that was coming out of a Drain location. I got bit in approximately 20 to 25 feet of water on the very bottom of the Drain, about 75 yards from the shore line. I was pulling the bait over the tops of submerged standing trees and letting the weight fall back to the bottom. It's very hard to tell when and how big the fish because of how they bite. I had lost four fish earlier in the week because I wasn't reeling in fast enough and they would come within 8 to 10 feet of the surface and power diveing back down into the standing timbers and would wrap around making it impossible to unravel my fishing line and be able to retrieve the fish. I broke off each time I got wrapped in the trees. I hate to do that because you never know if the fish has be able to clear the tangled line. I would recommend Lake Amistad to anyone who has a passion for a long road trip with a very good possible of getting a BIG Fish or numbers of fish at various times of the year. It was a pleasure fishing with Art and the accommodations at the motel were great. I will be going back again, may be in the October or November time frames.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts