Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know the details just pulled in the drive way and cops are all over the freaking place and a helo landed by my daughters house.

called her up to make sure everything was ok, and she told me that one of the neighbor kids drowned just a little while ago.

I was hoping to never see this in the neighbor hood again once was more than enough.

theres onlly like 3-4 little ones on that street I hope it was none of them.

This really sucks
Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
4,454 Posts
It is way too common place in the news... now days.

A friend found a kid's body floating in the Grand while on a river trip this summer, just senseless....

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I have a pool but i said screw the fence. So many kids die with a pool fence. I bought a pool net that is so tight. I have had 2 drunk adaults fall on it and they only get a little wet. Its the best thing to get and a huge piece of mind.

·
Registered
513 Posts
just over a year old. was flown to the hosp dont know what happened after she got there but it didnt sound good. sucks! hate to point fingers but how the hell does a child that age get anywhere near a pool by herself?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Pools dont kill kids....you know, just like guns, parents are to blame. I mean WTF, if you had a bonfire in the back yard, would you just let your kids roam around unattended?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just last weekend there was a near drowning in queen creek it was at a house directly behind my house they had to land two helo in the park by my house. Last I heard they were in critical condition.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If a kid drowns and there is no fence I think the parents should be held accountable, period. Unless they were sober and in the pool @ the same time. And if the house is rented to a family w/ kids the LL should be civilly liable.
Have you guys seen some of the drowning survivors atleast 75% of the time it is not a pretty picture. bright promising kids 1 moment next battling to stay alive and then if they do. Spend the rest of their lives so brain dammaged they would know if they crapped themselves.
Saying fences don't help or are dangerous is like saying seat belts and child car restraints don't help.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepa...oria-news-082609-near-drowning.11a6a06e8.html

PEORIA -- A Peoria baby is fighting for his life after being found floating in a backyard swimming pool.

Near drowning August 26th, 2009Peoria toddler critical after near drowning - A Peoria baby is fighting for his life after being found floating in a backyard swimming pool.
A relative found the 13-month-old boy at about 8:30 Tuesday night. It's not clear how long he had been in the water.

Police started CPR as soon they arrived on the scene.The little boy was air-lifted to the hospital, but he had no pulse when he arrived. AAt least check, he was listed in critical condition.

According to investigators, the pool gate had been propped open. In addition there were at least two dog doors big enough for the baby to get through.

Four other children, including a pair of siblings, have nearly drowned since Saturday
13 months WOW thats pretty sad

Pools dont kill kids....you know, just like guns, parents are to blame. I mean WTF, if you had a bonfire in the back yard, would you just let your kids roam around unattended?
I thought about this after you posted and I almost have to agree with it.

Have you guys seen some of the drowning survivors atleast 75% of the time it is not a pretty picture. bright promising kids 1 moment next battling to stay alive and then if they do. Spend the rest of their lives so brain dammaged they would know if they crapped themselves.
I have seen it and Your right its not a pretty sight for the most part they are pretty messed up. then the whole family goes through the worst time of there life for the rest of there life all because it could have been prevented if they payed a little more attention.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
753 Posts
My youngest is now 11...we have always had a pool fence and we were very, very strict with out kids regarding the pool. No dangerous pool situations so far.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Stories Like these always get me pissed! What happened to parental supervision???

IMHO,
The problem I see with pool fencing is that the majority of the people put too much faith in it to keep their kids out of a pool area. The metal fatigues from years of being wet from pool water, rain, sprinklers and such. Bars break or bend, giving just enough room for a toddler to squeeze through. Kids are resourceful, and if they can, they will get near your pool. The best thing for every parent to gain from this is to KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR KIDS!!!! If they are little crawlers like this one was, you have to WATCH them constantly, not put them on the floor and then go off and do your thing, they have to BE UNDER SUPERVISION ALL THE TIME.

Pool Alarms, Nets, Fences all give a false sense of security allowing your children the freedom they need to bypass your obstacle of choice. Stupid thing is people then use sad moments like these to capitalize and change laws forcing people to adopt measures that make them even more oblivious to the fact that they just don't pay attention! Then you hear stuff like "But it was only for a second!" and " How could this happen! I have a pool fence!" Bah! Now Mesa has a law on the books that forces them to put up pool fencing, and most homes don't even have it installed correctly. They just rushed to put one up so they comply.

Nothing Beats Parental Supervision.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Stories Like these always get me pissed! What happened to parental supervision???

IMHO,
The problem I see with pool fencing is that the majority of the people put too much faith in it to keep their kids out of a pool area. The metal fatigues from years of being wet from pool water, rain, sprinklers and such. Bars break or bend, giving just enough room for a toddler to squeeze through. Kids are resourceful, and if they can, they will get near your pool. The best thing for every parent to gain from this is to KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR KIDS!!!! If they are little crawlers like this one was, you have to WATCH them constantly, not put them on the floor and then go off and do your thing, they have to BE UNDER SUPERVISION ALL THE TIME.

Pool Alarms, Nets, Fences all give a false sense of security allowing your children the freedom they need to bypass your obstacle of choice. Stupid thing is people then use sad moments like these to capitalize and change laws forcing people to adopt measures that make them even more oblivious to the fact that they just don't pay attention! Then you hear stuff like "But it was only for a second!" and " How could this happen! I have a pool fence!" Bah! Now Mesa has a law on the books that forces them to put up pool fencing, and most homes don't even have it installed correctly. They just rushed to put one up so they comply.

Nothing Beats Parental Supervision.

+1

I have pulled several kids out of pools that had just fell in at partys and backyard BBQ's. Thank god I have never had to call the paramedics. Every time the parents say they thought someone else was watching them. :blink: WATCH YOUR OWN FRIGGEN KIDS AND DONT ASSUME SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING IT!!!!!!

These kind of parents are the same ones at wal-mart blocking the isle with the damn cart while there kids are making a mess of the store and the parents have no clue as to what is going on around them. Fn clueless!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
My Daughter is 11 and my son is 9. Both knew how to swim when they were around 5. If you have a pool, teach your kids how to swim. Put em in water babies! My brother knew how to swim at 3 years old. Still pees in the pool tho. Explain the rules when they are old enough to understand, but don't scare them, I did that to my daughter and it took another year before she went near the pool let alone swim.

And for the little ones who aren't old enough to follow directions, you have no choice but to watch them all the time.

One thing you do notice about alot of these stories is that it's never the parent, it's a family member or grand parent. Teach your family the rules of the pool and your house before you let them watch your child. I won't let anyone watch my kids without knowing about the pool rules and warnings. IT'S COMMON SENSE!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Yeah, my wife and neighbors affectionately refer to me as the "pool nazi" cause I am so strict about kids and the pool. I don't ever want to have it on my conscience that a child drowned in my pool. Mine or anyone else's.

My wife fell in the pool when she was a child. Something musta happened to her brain cause she married me :p

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I agree with everything that has been said so far. What non-parents forget to realize is that kids are as fast as lightning, and it truly does "only take a minute" for them to go from completely safe to completely endangered. My kids are grown now, and thank God, we never had any issues, but I have a feeling that I will be the "grouchy grandpa" where their little ones' safety is concerned. Its a reputation I will gladly accept.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have a 10yo 4yo and 1yo My mom has a pool and everytime I take my kids over to see grandma im constantly nervous she has a pool gate and everything my kids know not to go out back by themselves. Hell I have a plastic kiddie pool in my back yard for the dogs in the summer time and that makes me nervous as hell.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts