Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know the details just pulled in the drive way and cops are all over the freaking place and a helo landed by my daughters house.

called her up to make sure everything was ok, and she told me that one of the neighbor kids drowned just a little while ago.

I was hoping to never see this in the neighbor hood again once was more than enough.

theres onlly like 3-4 little ones on that street I hope it was none of them.

This really sucks
Delw

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I know niether will we,
we bought a spa and it scares me everyday.
I have a hard top on it and its knotted down to were it takes me 30 mins to un knot it, and I still get nervious about it.
first time I forget about it and its open when I wake up in the morning and I am drilling holes in it.
my youngest is 8 and Anthony is 15 and pools still scare me.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I see it in the news all the time scarey shit.
April gave CPR to the neighbors grandkid a few years ago, I was too emotionally ****ed up to do anything and all I was doing was giving the blow by blow to 911 on the phone.

Adult gets messed up or dead it doesnt bother me, but when it comes to kids I am a wreck.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepa...oria-news-082609-near-drowning.11a6a06e8.html

PEORIA -- A Peoria baby is fighting for his life after being found floating in a backyard swimming pool.

Near drowning August 26th, 2009Peoria toddler critical after near drowning - A Peoria baby is fighting for his life after being found floating in a backyard swimming pool.
A relative found the 13-month-old boy at about 8:30 Tuesday night. It's not clear how long he had been in the water.

Police started CPR as soon they arrived on the scene.The little boy was air-lifted to the hospital, but he had no pulse when he arrived. AAt least check, he was listed in critical condition.

According to investigators, the pool gate had been propped open. In addition there were at least two dog doors big enough for the baby to get through.

Four other children, including a pair of siblings, have nearly drowned since Saturday
13 months WOW thats pretty sad

Pools dont kill kids....you know, just like guns, parents are to blame. I mean WTF, if you had a bonfire in the back yard, would you just let your kids roam around unattended?
I thought about this after you posted and I almost have to agree with it.

Have you guys seen some of the drowning survivors atleast 75% of the time it is not a pretty picture. bright promising kids 1 moment next battling to stay alive and then if they do. Spend the rest of their lives so brain dammaged they would know if they crapped themselves.
I have seen it and Your right its not a pretty sight for the most part they are pretty messed up. then the whole family goes through the worst time of there life for the rest of there life all because it could have been prevented if they payed a little more attention.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That day was horrible for about everyone that was there, mom had her friend over with her son, and both my friend and I were in the front yard when it happened. If we didn't hear the yelling and screaming when we did, I honestly don't think the kid would have lived because both the grandparents were too frantic and upset when it happened to think. :icon_sad:

People had been rushing in and out of the house this morning when I left for work, and when I went home for lunch to fill the water bowl...from the looks of it and those running in and out with a rush, I didn't think the end results of the hospital sayings were any good. Then mom told me the toddler didn't make it. One of the neighbour's kids last night I was standing next to was with her dad and looked to be texting someone that was in the household at the time, giving us updates as to what the police and medics were doing on the other side of the tape, I assume an older sibling of the kid that she knew...
Thats right I thought they were yelling about the nascar race and you said they werent you thought it was something serious and I looked over the fence just to double check . they had lost both phones in the pool they had just reached him when I jumped the fence and yelled at mom to get her ass over here now.
I forgot who brought the good phone somehow I ended up talking to 911, mom started dong CPR and the Robert comes flying over the fence and remember that women she jumped the 6 foot fence to help out. felt like a million years before the cops and paramedics got there.

And you always thought we were to stricted to allow you to goto pool parties when you were 16 years old ;)

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
:x:x:x
poor kidz, man im so so sry for the family, however i would like to ask one simple question, if you own a pool, spa water bucket or what have you , why in the hell dont these parents teach their kidz to swim, my kidz are all grown now but i have grandkidz 2-3 yrs old and we taught them to swim, my grand kidz jump off the diving board and evrything,, swim like they were adults maybe even better, you have a water hole in your backyard then its your responsiblity to teach them to swim,
im sorry for the drowning but to the responsible party,, what the ****!!!!!! :(

Knowing how to Swim has nothing to do with it like a few others have said.
My kids can swim pretty damn good and I still wont let them go into a pool or spa unless we are sitting right at waters edge.

our kids have taken swimming lessons for years since there were able to walk. even my oldest we wouldnt let her go to friends house to play in the pool unless a parent was right there at the side of it. and I mean if the parent has to go take a whiz another parent comes to watch other wise kids are out of the pool.

we did this on my oldest till she moved out at 18 ( I am not kidding)LOL, now that she is older and out of the house I just requier a phone call and if shes going to a pool, if she doesnt then shes grounded. I think when she hits 30 I might lax the restrictions ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.