Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a stump moving backward with my Minn Kota PowerDrive motor, and I snapped the bracket hook for lock-down latch mechanism. Obviously, the motor is useless now until it is fixed, but my questions are:

(1) Does anyone know if this is covered by the warranty? (The motor is less than a year old.)

(2) Is this something that I can fix myself if I get the parts?

Any feedback would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Click on Johnson outdoors.com They are parent co. for Minnkota. Tell them about the problem or get the address of the authorized repair center here.
If the shaft is bent and it willnot lay down properly,you can tell them it won't seat,you might get a new motor. Give it a shot :wink:

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
steve molinari at south west boats is a authorized minnkota dealer and they do work on them there. it is at indianschool and 38th ave areaon the south side of indianschool.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
On the east side, I believe Tempe Marine is an authorized Minn Kota repair center.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fixed it myself

For those who care, I thought I'd let you know that I took the motor apart and figured out that I did not break the latch hook on the lockdown. I had in fact bent the steel pin that holds the hook and is spring-loaded to the release. It was easy to take out. I used a hammer to straighten it back out, then I greased the oval guide hole and put it back in. Now it works great again.

Saved myself some bucks, I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts