Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/boa/1306341615.html

i saw a few weeks ago then it was gone,figured someone bought it. do any of you know anything about the boat,owner....? i may be heading down this weekend to have a look see just dont want to waste time or money if theres is something i dont know about the boat. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
good model, but with any 20+ year boat you will have some extra costs associated to fixes.

There are a lot of good deals and I think you could get a mid-later 90's for that price IMHO but if it what you want then just check it over very good and go for it

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good model, but with any 20+ year boat you will have some extra costs associated to fixes.

There are a lot of good deals and I think you could get a mid-later 90's for that price IMHO but if it what you want then just check it over very good and go for it
its pretty close to what we are looking for but, like you said its old.what do you think its worth? i saw it was "obo" so i'm fairly certain the price can be negotiated.honestly i was thinkin 5k but maybe thats to high also?thanks,jack.

·
Registered
192 Posts
im a craigslist junkie and i look at stuff all the time, that price seem kinda steep for a 20+ year old boat. for that price you should be lookin at somthing mid 90's ish like stickbait said. give it time and keep your eyes open.

but then again i dont know shit about a boat, never owned one i just drool and leark on craigslist.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
its pretty close to what we are looking for but, like you said its old.what do you think its worth? i saw it was "obo" so i'm fairly certain the price can be negotiated.honestly i was thinkin 5k but maybe thats to high also?thanks,jack.
the same model is on BBC for 4K and it has a 175 Mercury Black Max, and I would rather have that motor. I can't tell the condition of the one on BBC, but the one you posted looks to be in very good condition.

I would have LowerUnit go check it out for you

·
Registered
476 Posts
Your going to have to take your time and look to find a mid or late 90's boat in great condition for 6k. The biggest problem your going to have is you don't live in Phoenix. Anything that is a good deal for 6k or less is going to be gone the first couple of day's its posted. I have found if it has been in there for more than a week it is either a POS, priced too high or you can't get ahold of the person who is trying to sell it. Most of the people selling these boats think they are made of gold or something. Hell most of them have never even heard of the NADA guide. I looked for close to 3 months before I found my boat. I drove all over the state and looked at 20+ boats and probably had pictures of another 20 or so. I was looking for something in particular (single console) so passed on several nice ones that would have done the job but they were dual console boats. There are some good ones out there but you got to be first in line with cash.

The best boats were ones that people PM'ed me about or were from other Zoners and were not advertised. The one I eventually bought was from another Zoner and I was the only one offered the boat.

Not saying you can't find a great boat on craigslist because they are out there but this was just my personal experience.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Your going to have to take your time and look to find a mid or late 90's boat in great condition for 6k. The biggest problem your going to have is you don't live in Phoenix. Anything that is a good deal for 6k or less is going to be gone the first couple of day's its posted. I have found if it has been in there for more than a week it is either a POS, priced too high or you can't get ahold of the person who is trying to sell it. Most of the people selling these boats think they are made of gold or something. Hell most of them have never even heard of the NADA guide. I looked for close to 3 months before I found my boat. I drove all over the state and looked at 20+ boats and probably had pictures of another 20 or so. I was looking for something in particular (single console) so passed on several nice ones that would have done the job but they were dual console boats. There are some good ones out there but you got to be first in line with cash.

The best boats were ones that people PM'ed me about or were from other Zoners and were not advertised. The one I eventually bought was from another Zoner and I was the only one offered the boat.

Not saying you can't find a great boat on craigslist because they are out there but this was just my personal experience.
The deals are out there my friend, the 6K catagory is hard as it is a very popular price range. You need to drive to get them though, AZ is not the place to find deals. If your creative on getting it back it will save you money. Here is one for instance, I'll take the motor if you want the boat/trailer:wink: He'll take 7K for the rig

"1998 18 ft. Blazer. New Carpet, 15 in rapid jack, 12/24 71lb. motor guide, quick remove TM bracket, Norgskog Digital tach and gps speed with recall, pyrometers, temp, water pressure, water temp, new cable steering. Motor is a 2.5 150 block with some port and exuast chest work done by Tommy Dunn in New burn NC. Laser injection with a Burcato ACU, bored .015 over in January and has 138 lbs of compression on all 6 cylinders. with about 25- 30 hours on it now. Stock 200 gearcase with bob's nose cone modified by Robbie Patterson at Sandersons marine and rebuilt by Lee Sanderson July of 08. I have always prop it to turn under 7000, comes with a 26 B/C performer 3 cut down to 14 1/2 diameter and worked by STEVE in Texas. it rocks out of the hole and runs upper 70's loaded 2 men and low 80 loaded by myself. Ran 86 light this winter with the 26 and 90.2 with a 28. Im in a devorce with three kids and have to sell. Boat is rock solid and has some wear but looks runs and handles awesome. Can call me with questions I will entertain seperating but depends on offer NO TRADES. 919-607-0514.

$7,500"

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"1998 18 ft. Blazer. New Carpet, 15 in rapid jack, 12/24 71lb. motor guide, quick remove TM bracket, Norgskog Digital tach and gps speed with recall, pyrometers, temp, water pressure, water temp, new cable steering. Motor is a 2.5 150 block with some port and exuast chest work done by Tommy Dunn in New burn NC. Laser injection with a Burcato ACU, bored .015 over in January and has 138 lbs of compression on all 6 cylinders. with about 25- 30 hours on it now. Stock 200 gearcase with bob's nose cone modified by Robbie Patterson at Sandersons marine and rebuilt by Lee Sanderson July of 08. I have always prop it to turn under 7000, comes with a 26 B/C performer 3 cut down to 14 1/2 diameter and worked by STEVE in Texas. it rocks out of the hole and runs upper 70's loaded 2 men and low 80 loaded by myself. Ran 86 light this winter with the 26 and 90.2 with a 28. Im in a devorce with three kids and have to sell. Boat is rock solid and has some wear but looks runs and handles awesome. Can call me with questions I will entertain seperating but depends on offer NO TRADES. 919-607-0514.

$7,500"[/quote]

i'm very interested,wont know anything for sure til after this weekend but i'd love to see it. can you email some pics to me? [email protected]

i don't know anything about the 'blazer' brand boats but i do some looking,thanks.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
A little steep for 20 years old but, if it has been well maintained and in great shape it may be worth every penny. I had a Champion 186 with a 175 Evenrude and it was a rocket and a great boat. Plus it is a legacy Champion and while the new ones are great boats the old hulls are hard to beat. Worth looking at.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If you really look there are some good deals out there. I bought a 1997 21 foot Nitro with a 225 merc 1 owner garaged kept for 6250 in feb that was advertised in the newspaper. It took me about 6 months to finally find the deal I was looking for. The really good deals you have to be the first one there so check craigslist a couple time a day and the newspaper. I took a mechanic with me to check them out. Be careful there are some cons out there that will not tell you everything. If its too good to be true there is normally something wrong.

·
Registered
476 Posts
There are alot of boat deals out there if you look around and are not afraid to travel. My problem was having the time to to go look at them. The same problems apply to looking at boats that are far away. I searched in a 1000 mile radius and found that all the great deals on boats in excellent condition were gone before I could get to them. Just be patient and you will find what you want.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The deals are out there my friend, the 6K catagory is hard as it is a very popular price range. You need to drive to get them though, AZ is not the place to find deals. If your creative on getting it back it will save you money. Here is one for instance, I'll take the motor if you want the boat/trailer:wink: He'll take 7K for the rig

i didnt realize he was selling it off fastbass(duh!) i checked it out and its sweet! single console though, my fishing partner wont have that blitzin in the 70's(ouch!) heck of a nice guy,he even offered to meet me half way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts