Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.customshadesails.com/home.html

I am thinking of getting one for my backyard.
Any one have one at their home or business ?
If so, how do they handle the monsoon winds here ?
How bout the rain ?

I have seen them at some busineses and parks, but I dont know if they really last.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Most common material for these is what we call Panaflex in the sign biz. Its a nylon weave with a PVC coating and replaced canvas a long time ago. Be sure to get a good quality fabric because they do not all have a UV protectant and only one summer will yellow it badly as well as cause it to get sticky and catch dirt.

The good quality fabric is super strong and normally the anchors will fail before the fabric itself.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have one I bought it at Frys Food stores it is made by Coolaroo. Mine is 17'x 17'. Has held up fine in the wind and comes with a 10 year warranty. They are regularly $219 I got mine on clearance last year at the end of summer for $55. I think they are on sale now for $179. I installed it myself and it is great. I bought 4 and sold to friends who love them as well. I always get compliments on it. It comes with everything you need except the poles. It was easy to do. If you have questions or want to see mine then PM me, I live in Surprise. Look up Coolaroo on ebay.

·
Registered
619 Posts
we have 3 that are 20x40 at work they bolted them into buildinding and ran them out to poles with chains anchored on the ground, they dont go anyware and work well

·
Registered
557 Posts
How big ?
I need one about 18'x18'
How does the wind affect it ?
I haven't been there during a wind storm, but I've never heard him complain about it. His is triangle shape about 12x14 with 2 points mounted to the house and 1 pointed connected to a 4" od pipe buried in concrete. I do know that the cables holding it are Rigging tight and all the hardware used is grade 5 + 8
Phoenix Tent and awning installed his.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts