Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm going to be out of the house for an extended period of time, at least until Daphne and Rob build it. They don't know it but they have the job.

Anyway, I'm sure that my new landlord doesn't want me to have cox wire in the cable for the cable modem so I'm looking for a decent(as if) dial up or any other suggestions. Don't even mention Qwest(sorry Ray).

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
John, from what I understand, you will need a phone line to use. I had AOL internet service which was just fine, except I had a Qwest phone line and I was getting knocked off the internet every 5-10 minutes. Qwest service people came out 3 times to try to find and fix the problem, spending a total of 4 hours on the
calls. They did not fix it. I now have Cox High Speed Internet service which has been great. Qwest did not have high speed internet service in my neighborhood and neither did AOL. I still get those CD's in the mail for 1,000 free hours of AOL. Places like Office Max have the AOL CD's laying around they'll give you for free.

·
Resident Spammer
1,907 Posts
Dial Up Service

http://www.epanorama.net/links/telephone.html

JohnSWA , In regards to a dial up service it doesn't make any difference to which Vendor you use, they are still utilizing the local telephone company's cable network. The issues are, what's the length and gauge of you local loop. i.e. how far you are away from the local telephone central office or multi-plexer. How many Load Coils do you have in your local loop? Is you telephone line and inside wiring with out any trouble on it. The telephone line that you use for a talk line is really only intended to talk on. Anything else is just a BIG plus for the customer. If you are willing to pay to have your line conditioned it will work better. The local telephone companies only guarantee a certain Baud Rate.

·
Resident Spammer
1,907 Posts
Am I Dumb or what?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Am I Dumb or what? Please don't answer that Del. I didn't look at the post date. Oh well I think that the information that I posted will still apply. :eek: No wonder I have trouble finding and catching fish.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Try Verizon. They have a broadband wireless card that slips into a laptop and from what I understand from a friend is that its great. As far as Cox HS internet goes, do you have Cox Cable out there? If so then you can get Cox HS internet because it piggybacks off the Cable run. It just needs a splitter and a modem. Thats it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.