Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I know my big one is to NOT lose any more fish. I sure did farm quite a few, but maybe I do it just to see the confused look on RACKMAN's face when I lose a toad....

My second one is to get a boat. I need somewhere to store all my tackle!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
My first one is to sell our boat and get a bass boat. I've been dying to get one for over a year now and Dad finally gave in and told me if I could sell ours we could look for a used bass boat. I can't imagine how happpy I'm going to be when we finally get one.
My other main goal is to become a tournament fisherman. I've already got some plans when to get started. I can't wait. The begginning of a very lon journey that hopefully will bring me some big money someday.
I'd like to branch out and fish more lakes than just Sag. and Canyon. I will obviously doing this when I start fishing tourneys so this should be solved fairly easily.
Next November I want to get my drivers liscence so I can just hook up the boat and go fishing whenever. You can bet on seeing me at the lake A LOT more often than you do now.
I also want to learn how to night fish this summer. I hate night fishing so far. I'd much rather go in the daytime and I don't think that'll ever change, but I want to catch some fish at night just for a confidence boost.
I can't think of too many more big ones so I'll stop now. As you can see I have a lot of things I want to do. Hopefully I can get it done. Happy New Years!!!!!!!!!!! Josh

·
Registered
838 Posts
Josh.... I look forward to seeing you in the Bassmaster Classic someday! Don't forget us little people when you become rich and famous! :)

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Josh, with all your enthusiasm, desire, and energy, you WILL succeed. Over time, you will learn to how to maintain a positive attitude when the fishing is slow and it WILL pay off for you. Also, tournament fishing is demanding as it includes time on the water and time on the road between tournaments. I recommend you talk with some of the BASS pros about what they do to stay healthy and how they improved their strength and stamina when they were younger. I am sure that strength training and conditioning and eating right will be a factor in your success. I'd start with an email to Kevin VanDam ([email protected]) and ask what he did to build strength and stamina when he was young. Remember, when you start tournament fishing you'll still be young and be a "young man in a boy's body." Strength training, conditioning, and a positive attitude have put Tiger Woods way ahead of the pack in golf. And I read that when Jack Nicklaus was in high school, he'd hit balls for 6-8 hours in Ohio while training. So ask the pros. They won't feel threatened by you asking them questions. When you become rich and famous, don't forget us azbasszoners! Drop by online and say "Hi." 8)

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Howard that's good advice for Josh and certainly VanDam and Tiger are good examples. But I got to differ with you on Nicklaus. He was known as "Fat Jack" when he came on the tour in the early 60s. He didn't start an exersize/diet regime until the late 60s early 70s when he lost his "baby fat".

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
d a, come to think of it, you're right. Jack Nicklaus did have the nickname "Fat Jack" when he first got started as a pro. While he did hit a lot of golf balls for 6-8 hours a day to get his swing down, it obviously did not do too much to help him lose the weight. I'm not sure what kind of regime he got on to lose the weight but he was looking pretty trim in the late 60's early 70's. I lived in North Palm Beach, FL during that time and Jack was a pretty visible celebrity. Plus his kids would play with the kids my girlfriend (later my wife) was taking care of 3 houses down from Jack and Barbara's. I remember his 3 sons (Jack Jr., Steve, and Gary) were very athletic and Jack starting playing basketball with them and their teammates as they got older.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts