Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Where there's no food there's no harm. Sorry about writing feel instead of food in the earlier post. The bear terror stories you hear about in AZ involve black bears. They are merely looking for food and won't bother people unless they lay between them and the food. Unfortunately, way too many bears around camp areas have become too dependant on people's crumbs left behind and rely less and less on natural means to fill their diet. I'd just about guarantee the stories you hear about the bears tearing into tents are the result of careless humans eating cheetos and the like in their tent. Next thing you know there's an all out hunt for that "man eating" black bear they want to put down!

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
LOL! Lead-topping! :lol: Karen and I had a bear in our camp on the East Fork of the Black River a few years back. I threw our trout catch to him and that didn't even faze him. When he realized we weren't going to let him near our camp he just mozied on up a hill. We saw another off Highway 60 south of the Seneca Lake turnoff (desert region). We stopped took some great pictures that I have framed now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.