Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

Arizona Cardinals

2K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  elwayoung 
#1 ·
Are they going to sell enough tickets to lift the black out? This is mindboggling to a football fan. You nearly win the Super Bowl and can't sell out the first game by now? Let the excuses begin...

#2 ·
Well I'll be there, not a fan,(Raider fan, I know, I know) but love to tailgate and football. What's even more mind boggling is the people who don't buy a ticket because they want to watch it free but criticize the people who don't sell out the game.

#3 ·
What's even more mind boggling is the people who don't buy a ticket because they want to watch it free but criticize the people who don't sell out the game.
Nope, just shows that AZ is not a big football city!!

#4 ·
people are broke!

Nick - The Yankees are the best team in baseball, the most popular sports franchise in the country, in a NEW stadium, with Jeter about to break the all time Yankees hit record, and they are not selling out games this year. Do you think it is because New York is not a big baseball town? lol. It is because the ticket prices are way too high and people are barely making their bill payments.

#6 ·
1st theory-

3 million people vacated this state over a year ago, I'm sure half of them were Cowboy fans. The other half were hard working folks in fear of their lives from Sheriff Joe. I don't back illegals, but there is serious $$$ wrapped around their efforts on being here and working. I sh*t you not, the local C-store franchise owner misses their $$$$.

Housing in the toilet( Las Vegas too), unemployed near double digits.
To go to a game right now is $200 for a family of four with decent seats.

If you look on this site, people are just getting by for a few dollars until the next check comes along; paycheck to paycheck. No excuses, just a BS economy and we have to survive.

I think the seats that are not filled are acutally folks who would hope that they will catch the game on TV wishing that they could be there. They are still fans, just can't afford the ticket to get to the game.

2nd theory-

We live in a state that is migratory and everybody that lives here is from somewhere else like Chicago or St. Louis.

The Bears and Rams both suck! Not enough Cardinal fans yet! This year will be the year to settle that. We will conquer and be the best of the best. Go Cards!!

#14 ·
1st theory-

3 million people vacated this state over a year ago, I'm sure half of them were Cowboy fans. The other half were hard working folks in fear of their lives from Sheriff Joe. I don't back illegals, but there is serious $$$ wrapped around their efforts on being here and working. I sh*t you not, the local C-store franchise owner misses their $$$$.

Housing in the toilet( Las Vegas too), unemployed near double digits.
To go to a game right now is $200 for a family of four with decent seats.

If you look on this site, people are just getting by for a few dollars until the next check comes along; paycheck to paycheck. No excuses, just a BS economy and we have to survive.

I think the seats that are not filled are acutally folks who would hope that they will catch the game on TV wishing that they could be there. They are still fans, just can't afford the ticket to get to the game.

2nd theory-

We live in a state that is migratory and everybody that lives here is from somewhere else like Chicago or St. Louis.

The Bears and Rams both suck! Not enough Cardinal fans yet! This year will be the year to settle that. We will conquer and be the best of the best. Go Cards!!
naw, they just suck. its not a theory, its a fact.

#7 ·
It's to bad they aren't sold out. I picked up a couple of games worth of tickets this year. For me it's the long drive from east Mesa. I think had it been downtown they would be selling more. A more centralized location. I'm a suns season ticket holder and they have pretty much priced me out. This will probable be my last year. My tickets have doubled in price in about 4-5 years and I know my salary has not matched that. A pair of lower level okay seats are now pretty much 200 bucks a game :(

RookieBoy you have some good points and I agree with all but one thing. I may argue that I believe 200 for good seats is being generous. I think you may be approaching 300 or more just for four tickets and parking pass. Crazy prices. Lower level seats are pretty much being priced out and given to the corporate sponsors anymore.

#10 ·
Perhaps the slow down in the economy will finally take it's toll on professional athletes. I'm all for people making as much as they can but lets be honest, do you think any of these guys are walking away because of a 25%-50% cut in pay? It's just time to adjust the ticket, parking and concession prices back into the current market so the fans can afford to attend. In order to do that the owners and their employees will have to take a pay cut. If they continue to think they are above everyone else and continue to price everyone out of the market perhaps the whole thing will eventually crumble?

#22 ·
When the Cardinals first moved to Tempe, they sold out that stadium for the first few years. The newness is wearing off. Most intelligent people knew it would happen again. It will take another 20 years to breed new cardinals fans. I am only 31, but I had a favorite team before the cards came to town and am not about to jump ship just because they are the local team. My guess is that 60%-75% of the footbsll fans in AZ support other teams. That will go down in time, but slowly.

#23 ·
+1 bugman. myself and my buddies and family there's not one cardinal fan among us. My family are az natives and are either Steelers, Raiders, or Cowboys fans. Even the young guns don't buy into the cardinal hype. My prediction for them this year is that yes they'll win there division, but a superbowl again, ain't gonna happen.

#34 ·
To far away???

Quit your cryin'. We (the town I live in) is 3 hours away from Green Bay and ALL OF US would glad to make the trip IF we could find tickets! Tickets here are sold out so to get one you pay 10 to 20% above face value. We have fans here that drive there to wait for half time to get "discounted" tickets.

After the game at Green Bay it takes over an hour to get out of town. I've been to Card games and your exit plan is GREAT! I was on the freeway within 20 minutes.

PS Anyone got any tickets for the Green Bay game??? PM me.

#35 ·
Didnt the Houston Oilers leave Texas because of half full stadiums?
Uh No! It's because Bud Adamns wanted a new stadium and Houston said No! Do you want to compare Tx football to Az football? If so their aint no comparison!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.