Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Painted her today and this is how it sits right now. Still need to finish the skid plate and a few other items but would like to hear the ideas out there for additional mods to it?

Started off as a 2008 Ninja...

10.5 inches of clearance to the pipes.
Pro Taper bars on KLR clamps mounted to the stock triple tree.
Custom turned longer front upper tubes with Progressive springs and .75 aluminum pre load spacers.
Vance & Hines 2 into 1 header with custom pipe and Vance & Hines can mounted high.
Air box mod with stock jets and idles turned out 2.25.
KLX needles clipped two up from the bottom, with the slides drilled out to .125.
Carbs have been dyno tuned.
16 tooth CS and 45 tooth rear with gold X-chain (15 tooth CS an option that's ready).
IRC GP-1's with tubes and rim locks front and rear.
KLR 650 swingarm and shock.
Extended side stand with lock.
Foot pegs lowered 2.5 inches.
NGK Iridium plugs.
Electronics moved under the seat.

Still to do...
Body and paint work. (done)
Skid plate.
Mount XOG GPS.
Fab rear luggage rack.
Add 2 inches of foam to seat and re-cover.
Fab aluminum trunk under seat for tools and air compressor.
Fab engine guards.
Misc other small stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKe5TWB72wk

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
''That thing looks goofy as hell. Wouldn't use it for anything else but maybe a cruise around the block, would look like a ******* if used it on the road. Take that thing off road and it will perform like shit. Wacky exhaust lime green lemon '' hahhahahha not me but funny

·
Registered
643 Posts
Punk-ass kid nut cruncher rejector seat !!!!!

Sorry couldnt resist.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am shopping for a decent low pressure NOS system for it right now. Sure would be fun once in a while.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
knobbied training wheels for offroading.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks better than i thought it would, but a crf450x would smoke that thing on a trail
On single track yes, on anything with room to run the crf wouldn't have a chance. Hit 95mph on castle hot springs road during a shake down run. Try to ride the 450 to Flagstaff.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Look out BMW!!! I think it looks great and sounds like it would be a great adventure series bike. Where are you strapping your new one to it, you need a sidecar.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Actually they must not have broke because the pain is almost gone and I am walking pretty good now. For an old bastard I must have plastic bones. You just be careful and get one of those Spongebob helmets like my grandson wears.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I only ride in full armor, hell it looks like I'm going in to rob a place when I stop to shop somewhere.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
So how would this compare to an old 2 stroke kx500?
nothing ,those 500rs are beasts,my 250f would kick ass on this bike out at sycamore ,in rough terrain this thing would suck,but for riding up in forest lakes u cant beat it!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts